Project 0fourSTI - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

0fourSTI is an unknown
Project 0fourSTI

Hey what's up i was wondering if a vf 22, is too small for my sti? But I also wanna no where i hould spend my money, but i eventually wanna go bigger turbo and internal upgrades im just a pipefitter im not rich so baby steps. I wanna put like 5k into the car and im trying to figure out where to spend the money in the right places, alot of the info out there are for just wrx's. But i was thinking fmic, bigger fuel pump, injectors, rails, shorty header(is ceramic coated worth it)and a cat back but also looking for recommondations for a clutch kit. I want my car to be all out, fast and good handling but I wanna start with the engine, and I need help choosing parts wisely and open to any suggestions. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-30-2008, 10:45 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Do you already own the VF22 or are you looking at buying it? The VF22 is not "too small" for the STi... It's a lot bigger than the VF39 that came stock on your car. Hell, I even run a turbo SMALLER than a VF39 on my STi and it works quite well. Then again, if you're looking at buying new, the VF22 is expensive and out-performed by Mitsubishi and Garret turbos offering more top end for the same spool.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#3 Old 10-01-2008, 07:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

awdturb is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to awdturb
i rather have a 18g or 20g then a vf22 theres not to much of a price difference.
#4 Old 10-01-2008, 09:08 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
V22 has the same compressor as a VF39 but with a much larger P20 hotside.16G>VF39

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#5 Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

0fourSTI is an unknown
The vf 22 was on the car when I bought it. In the future I wanna go with the aps rotated mount but thats a lil expensive + the supporting mods. What I need help in is where to spend the money in the right place? I only spend a couple thousand. What I was thinking was, cat back (i have helix 3in dp) and shorty header, fuel pump, fuel rails, injectors, fmic, I mean is that a good start? Is there more important stuff than that? I already know em or a tune. Also looking for a clutch recommendation.
#6 Old 10-12-2008, 08:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

0fourSTI is an unknown
Thanks for all the help it was really great
#7 Old 10-12-2008, 04:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

06dubbrx ltd is an unknown
I think the fp 18g would be perfect. Same price as vf22 brand new.