Project 06 STi - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 67 Old 09-09-2008, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

ScoobyTuner is more helpful than not
Send a message via MSN to ScoobyTuner
UPDATE!!
The Motor is in and the car is running!! We just have to wire up the gauges and start the break in period for the motor and the turbo. Here are some updated Pictures!!
ACT Clutch and Flywheel:

APS 70mm Cold Air Intake:

APS Coolant Overflow:

OEM STi Cams

Cusco Zero-2E Coilovers:

Empty Engine:

MORE PICTURES TO COME TOMORROW!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 67 Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

More Pictures!!
Engine Ready to go in!

APS DR525 Front Mount Intercooler:

Perrin Fuel Rails:

Perrin 3" Turbo Inlet: (We had issues with this hose so we swapped it for the APS Inlet)

Beautiful Piston Heads:

Alternate angle of the turbo:

GrimmSpeed TGV's:
post #48 of 67 Old 09-10-2008, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Tial 44mm External Wastegate:

GrimmSpeed Up-Pipe:

Koyo Radiator:

Engine In!!

That's all I have... for now
post #49 of 67 Old 09-11-2008, 10:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Nice! Let us know, what numbers she throws down after the break in period.
post #50 of 67 Old 09-12-2008, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Will do! We've got alot of Data logging ahead of us but we'll post the info that we have when we have it. We'll also try to get some video of the car as well.
post #51 of 67 Old 09-28-2008, 03:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

0fourSTI is an unknown
i have an 04 sti with vf 22 turbp and helix dp. Is the vf 22 to small for my sti? i have a list of stuff i wanna do but i dont know if its over kill and focus on suspension or other parts of the car. what i wanna do is, carbon ti cat back, shorty header, does ceramic coated vs no coated make a difference? fuel pump, fuel rails and injectors, front mount intercooler and a clutch. Is there any good recommdations for a clutch and flywheel kit. Is all this stuff over kill? or should i focus else where
post #52 of 67 Old 09-29-2008, 05:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
No offense 0fourSTI. But, what are you asking? Please clarify if your asking about a specific power level over suspension. Or what...because i'm confused. It doesn't sound like you exactly know what you want either. Which makes it hard for anyone to offer help.
post #53 of 67 Old 09-29-2008, 06:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

0fourSTI is an unknown
None taken! Sorry for the confusion I get like that when I'm thinking about my car. What I was asking was is a vf 22, too small for my sti? But I also wanna no where i should spend my money, but i eventually wanna go bigger turbo and internal upgrades im just a pipefitter im not rich so baby steps. I wanna put like 5k into the car and im trying to figure out where to spend the money in the right places, alot of the info out there are for just wrx's. But i was thinking fmic, bigger fuel pump, injectors, rails, shorty header(is ceramic coated worth it)and a cat back but also looking for recommondations for a clutch kit.
post #54 of 67 Old 09-29-2008, 07:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0fourSTI View Post
None taken! Sorry for the confusion I get like that when I'm thinking about my car. What I was asking was is a vf 22, too small for my sti? But I also wanna no where i should spend my money, but i eventually wanna go bigger turbo and internal upgrades im just a pipefitter im not rich so baby steps. I wanna put like 5k into the car and im trying to figure out where to spend the money in the right places, alot of the info out there are for just wrx's. But i was thinking fmic, bigger fuel pump, injectors, rails, shorty header(is ceramic coated worth it)and a cat back but also looking for recommondations for a clutch kit.
You would get more responses if you started your own thread dudesker.Z

12.7 @ 109
post #55 of 67 Old 09-29-2008, 11:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0fourSTI View Post
Your turbo being to small is something for you to decide. Some people hate lag, and some people don't mind it- its all personal preference. Do you want a car that handles good, or can go fast in a straight line- again this is personal preference...

I think you need to decide what you want out of the car..and start your own thread!
post #56 of 67 Old 09-29-2008, 11:18 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Why anybody would buy a VF series turbo is beyond me...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #57 of 67 Old 09-30-2008, 11:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

If I remember correctly...he bought the car with the VF22 on it and it ran like crap. Posted on here for help and now it runs a lot better.
post #58 of 67 Old 09-30-2008, 09:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

0fourSTI is an unknown
Thanks for remembering me!
post #59 of 67 Old 10-10-2008, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the late responses guys!

If the VF22 is working for you right now, I wouldn't worry about changing it out until you have down what your over all goal for the car is. That way you have a plan and can stick to it by not buying things you won't need. Having an 04 STi myself and running the OEM VF-39 turbo, "I" would never buy a different "VF" series turbo. Personally I don't see the benefit. What I mean by that is don't build a drag car if it's a dail driver. It's not very efficient. Let me know what you plan on doing with the car and things like if it's your daily driver, and if you plan on doing any Autocross, Road courses or drag racing. That way we can help point you in the right direction. :-)

I wanted to give you guys a little update on the car. We don't have any numbers quite yet and are still getting a few kinks worked out in the tune. We hit full boost (22psi) in 1st, 2nd, 3rd by about 4000-4500 RPM (seriously... it spools that quick), and this thing pulls so friggen hard, it's rediculous. So far it's everything we have accomplished everything we set out for when we started planning out what we wanted overall for the car. The driveability is great, it runs great, and best of all, it pulls like a bat out of hell. We are VERY excited to get the kinks out and make it pull even harder!
post #60 of 67 Old 10-10-2008, 08:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haha...nice. Makes me wish I could drive it and compare. 4000rpm range full boost isn't that bad for that big of a turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement