Project 06 STi - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-25-2008, 06:05 PM

ScoobyTuner is more helpful than not
Send a message via MSN to ScoobyTuner
They are called "Hella Horns". Or more properly, they are horns made by Hella.

They are pretty sweet and VERY loud (118db).

We'll keep you posted. We are going to install a Cobb Short Shifter in the 04-05 this weekend because the 06 build is going to have to be put off one more week.

This comes to show that during a big build like this... nothing seems to go to plan. Something always seems to slow it down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
when he says "very loud", he's not being fully explanatory. You will hear them about 1/2 mile away and anybody standing around your car not expecting it will probably hit the deck. Using it in trafic would be... crazy. It's totally non-functional just there to make your friends shit their pants.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#18 Old 07-26-2008, 01:06 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Thats probably the best explaintion I have ever heard of those horns Mosc. I have heard them before, they are what I consider retarded loud.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#19 Old 07-26-2008, 05:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
You, sirs, are correct.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#20 Old 07-28-2008, 01:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
LOL...nice explantion on the hella horns. I was wondering what those were also. Scoobytuner: where did you get the turbo from? Just wondering...I until recently just figured out that blouch turbo company is incrediably close to me (less than 50 miles away). Which is what my local tuner mostly does business with.
#21 Old 07-28-2008, 06:13 PM

Turmic - We got that turbo from Deadbolt Enterprises (check them out at www.boostplanet.com). We are an authorized Deadbolt dealer and to prove that we use the products we sell, we decided to pick one up. Plus the spool on those are supposed to be like stock. Here are a few Dyno sheet's that I've seen. When I saw these, I reallly wanted to see if it's for real. I don't know what fuel they were using. I pulled those off of IWSTI.com.
SZ-55 vs. Stock STi

SZ-55 vs. Cobb Stage 2 STi
#22 Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Looks like a perfectly sized turbo for the STi. Nice runs!

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#23 Old 07-29-2008, 01:28 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That graph is awesome looking. Im looking forward to hearing/reading more about this turbo and install.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#24 Old 07-29-2008, 07:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yes, very interesting. Specially since the local tune shop out here is putting a blouch 50 in the 08 sti they got. Along with supporting mods of course.
#25 Old 08-01-2008, 06:16 PM

Yeah we are really excited about it but it looks like we have to push the install date back one week because our guy helping us with the install (he's an ASE Certified Subaru mechanic that is known for building SICK engines out here) had something come up this weekend and thus it's pushed back a week.

We plan on taking pictures of the install and I'll be sure put those up as soon as I have them.

I Did install the Cobb Adjustable SS in my 04 STi this past weekend and I do have to say that there is quite the difference. The install on the 6 speed wasn't too bad but since it has the reverse lockout cable, it made things much more "interesting". Having to re-thread it and re-install the pin that holds it in place can be quite the task.

Overall, I have to say that if you are looking for a Short Shifter for either your WRX or STi, I would recommend it. I did the install by myself, (took about 2 hrs) using the included instructions and was able to adjust it easily. Even after it's installed it's not much of a task to re-adjust it.

I also mounted my AP as well. Let me know what you think:

#26 Old 08-02-2008, 01:31 AM

Chris, thats awesome to hear about the SS. Thats the one I will be getting when I get back, you just confirmed it. What did you use to mount the AP there? I am also wanting to do that when I return back to the states (in 16 days, HELL YEAH).

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#27 Old 08-04-2008, 03:56 PM

Woot! Nice!

It's actually a ipod/phone holder that I picked up at best buy. It's something I can take off if needed and it holds it nicely in place. It should work perfectly during my track day on the 16th of Aug.
#28 Old 08-04-2008, 04:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Scoobytuner, wheres the pics of the short shifter? Plus, I was under the assumption that the STIs 6 speed was already short shift compared to the 5 speed. My manual says so at least. It's not adjustable mind you...but it says its a short shift
#29 Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 PM

Chris thanks for that bit of info. Much appreciated.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#30 Old 08-05-2008, 03:15 PM

NP Josh.

Turmic - I believe that both the 5 spd and the 6 spd are available in the short shifter option from Subaru. I know that mine didn't come with that option because when we had our 07 STi Limited, I drove that and it did have the SS option from Subaru and there was a big difference. Comparing the 5 spd to the 6 spd, I don't know if one is shorter than the other. I did drive an 02 WRX the other day that also had the SS option from Subaru and it felt like a shorter shift than my 6 spd.

I'll try and take some picture of the shifter tonight and post them up.

Thanks for the input guys!