Project 06 STi - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-11-2008, 05:05 PM

ScoobyTuner is more helpful than not
Send a message via MSN to ScoobyTuner
Project 06 STi (With Pictures!!)

Hey guys.

First off, let me know if I put this in the wrong section. If I did, sorry!

I wanted to let you know that we are currently under way on our project 06 STi. We are doing it in stages and so we will have periodic updates on what's going on and our thoughts and feelings about the products we install on this car.

(for more info visit ScoobyTuner.com - Engine, Suspension, Brakes, ECU Tuning and more for your STi, WRX, Legacy, & Forrester )

The first mod we did was actually the front and rear swaybar with front and rear endlinks. We decided to use what we feel are the best swaybars out there, the "Whiteline" brand swaybars. We installed the 24mm adjustable front and rear swaybars and put the front on the stiff setting and the rear on the middle setting. We also put Kartboy front and rear endlinks. I'll try and get some pictures here soon!

This made a HUGE difference in the way the car reacts. It nearly eliminated body role and turns very confidently (if that's a real word ). If anyone wants to improve the feel of thier scooby, look into changing out your swaybars. We recommend the Whiteline swaybars as well as all of their suspension items.

Although on a different note, we also took the time and threw a Whiteline ALK (sport version) on my personal 04 STi. The install wasn't too bad but it was definately worth it. This makes the car MUCH more responsive. Along with my Whiteline, swaybars (22mm Adj front, and 24mm adj rear), Whiteline front and rear aloy endlinks, Whiteline Steering rack bushings, Whiteline differential bushings and Whiteline "Flatout" springs, I am overly excited to take the car to our local track and see what kind of lap times I can throw down. All I need to do now is take the car in and get an alignment.

Back the the project STi, we have alot more in-store for the WR Blue beauty, so stay tuned for more updates!!

let us know if you have any questions, or comments on the build or any of these products!

And here are a few new pictures of my 04 STi

Last edited by ScoobyTuner; 07-25-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-11-2008, 08:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
wow... two beautiful cars. I see you cleared the headlights on your 04 STi, but have you considered swapping your stock amber turn signal bulbs in your tail lights for a set of chrome/amber bulbs to get rid of that tiny spot of orange during the day? I have a set of them in my headlights and they look colorless (silver/chrome) during the day, but still light up bright and orange when the signals are flashing. Please forgive me, I can't help but notice tiny details sometimes.

And upon second glance, it looks like maybe you still have the stock orange bulbs in the headlights too? Just a thought...

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 06-12-2008, 04:06 PM

Thank you for the comments.

Yeah I have the stock light bulbs in there. I have thought about changing them out but it's not a huge deal to me. When I cleared out the lights (the day after I bought it) I left that corner light orange in there because I thought that was the turn signal. Well... needless to say I was way off. I guess I should have paid more attention and noted that it wasn't the turn signal. Instead it's just a parking light. Then I could have removed it and had the entire light cleared out.

Oh well. I'm happy with the over all look and performance.

We should have more things going on very soon. We are just waiting for Deadbolt to finish building the turbo. Everything else is ready to go!!
#4 Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Nice looking cars. Looking forward to more pictures and writeups. Good luck with it all.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 06-13-2008, 04:34 PM

Thanks!

If anyone has any questions about the installs, feel free co send me a PM or give us a call.
#6 Old 07-01-2008, 05:14 PM

Just wanted to update you guys on the project. We hit a snag with the turbo and are trying to get it resolved. Other than that everything is ready to go. I think we are going to install the coilovers sometime either over the holiday or after.

We are getting some pictures of all the goodies we are installing and so I'll post those after we get them loaded up.
#7 Old 07-02-2008, 12:57 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
What turbo are you putting on and what problem(s) did you run into? Hope you get it solved soon, good luck with it.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#8 Old 07-02-2008, 05:57 PM

Thanks newtothegame. We are putting in a externally gated Deadbolt SZ-55 with the 3" inlet. This is a stock location turbo and it's about the size of a FP "Red" turbo. We are expecting to get around the 375WHP mark on 91 pump gas. It's capable of 550hp (to the crank) so 375 should be very doable.

It's very minor. We were sent the wrong turbo so we are just waiting untill the correct turbo arrives.

We finally have some pictures of the items going in!!

This isn't everything, but it's a good 90% of the items. We still have the APS DR525 (Black Core), Pistons, Turbo, Bearings, Radiator, Phenolic Spacers (from Grimmspeed), and one or two other things that I can't think of right now.
Cosworth Head Gaskets:

Perrin 3" Turbo Inlet:

Eagle Connector Rods:

APS BOV (FMIC Application)

Deatschwerks 850cc Injectors:

Perrin Fuel Rails:

Tial 44mm Wastegate:

Grimmspeed "Prototype" 44mm External Wastegated Up-pipe: Thanks again Justin!!

Grimmspeed Coated TGV Delete's:

Cusco Zero-2E Coilovers:
#9 Old 07-02-2008, 08:40 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Does nobody route the wastegate back into the main exhaust? Sad...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#10 Old 07-03-2008, 12:51 AM

Wow, sounds like it will be a nice, and fun car to drive once everything is done. Sucks about the turbo. Looking forward to the final product. Good luck with it.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#11 Old 07-03-2008, 03:39 PM

Yeah we are going with the dump tube. I for one love the sound it makes. It is lounder and does change a few things but I am pretty sure we'll be happy with the final result. IF we needed to we can always re-route it back into the exhaust system.

Thanks for the compliments guys. We'll keep you posted as the installs move forward.
#12 Old 07-24-2008, 05:48 PM

UPDATE!!

Here are some pictures of the turbo. It's a Deadbolt SZ-55, externally gated, 3" inlet and 8cm hotside.

When the turbo arrived, I was surpised at how big it was. It's a very good looking turbo that when you look at it you can see that it is a high quality turbo. It's due to be installed this weekend. After that we'll have the break in period and then the tune.

Last edited by ScoobyTuner; 07-25-2008 at 06:03 PM.
#13 Old 07-24-2008, 08:53 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
good lord that thing is huge!!

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#14 Old 07-25-2008, 12:34 AM

Wow, I have seen pictures of that before, but never compared to anything. Thats huge. Looking forward to some graphs and numbers. Good luck with the install.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#15 Old 07-25-2008, 11:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXpwnz00r is an unknown
they both look really clean, but i have a probably a noob question, but what are those red circles in your 04-05 and same with man show?