Subaru WRX Forum banner

Pitch Stop???

50K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Kjott21 
#1 ·
Are aftermarket Pitch Stops necessary?? do they make that big of a difference even if upgrade the motor/tranny mounts?

#3 ·
They make a big difference if you don't have the motor and tranny mounts. If you have the motor and tranny mounts it will not be as noticeable, but still make some difference. Everything adds up. I would do it. It isn't an expensive mod, but has decent benefit.

#10 ·
Thought I'd share some results over a 3 year period with a Vivid hard mount. Mine is similar to a KArt3oY in some ways, it's billet, polished, clear anodized, and made from 6000 series Aluminum. Engine noise was immediately more noticeable at all RPMs, and there was a point at 2500 or thereabouts that shook my gauge pod (ATI center dash pod) enough to bug me. I pulled it out, foamed the gauges, Dynamatted the AC pipes, wrapped the wire loom covering the gauge wires, and Siliconed the gauge bezels. It's silent. Otherwise, the pitch stop is a performance mod, and it is not intended to make you comfortable, it is made
to make your shifts faster. I found myself bogging in 2nd to 3rd, and learned about the block pitching forward at that point, and so bought this item.
Installation, as mentioned, is as easy as taking out the intercooler, removing the OEM dogbone, replacing it with your aftermarket option, and torquiing it to the specs provided with the new piece.
Torque matters here, the bits being held together are not exactly the meanest tabs of metal. It's wise to ask your vendor for a torque value on the chassis side of the mount. As for the block side, use the OEM value. Mine rattles my brain above 100mph... I am now shopping prices on Ingalls style dampers. I was at 220hp during the swap to the new pitch stop mount, now I am at 280+.

I would say solid mounts are excellent under 260hp. I'd opt for a damper mount above that point.

There are some ways around this of course. Slow spooling monster turbo upgrades make a different kind of power from tmic and stock turbo mount location w gigantic block upgrades and heavy ECU work. Having a giant top end, like a 180mph WRX doesn't require as much bracing as a 0-60 in 4 second WRX. I prefer the latter, so getting there is more of a struggle.

For those just looking into this item, This thread can be recycled and reused... pitch stops are generally a good investment especially if you have a new trans or many trans upgrades, especially mounts. Your new mounts will triangulate with the pitch stopper, and make shifting much much sharper, though missing shifts will be more likely to do harm, so don't loan your car to an untrained driver.

#11 ·
^^^^^ damn 4 year bump?? good job.

heard nothing, felt nothing, experienced nothing when i installed it bone stock and all the way up to 330+ hp. maybe the older cars are different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.