pictures and input needed ### - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-08-2011, 11:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

05STISuby is an unknown
pictures and input needed ###

Can anyone post some pictures of the turboxs exhaust, straight and the slanted style, the borla exhaust, or the blitz touring please? Can't decide on which to get still and I need some input. I want the straight style but not a small tip, and I'm also considering the fart can since its noticably loud... Would like to be able to hear my car while I drive... Thanks!

05 Subaru STI
2.5L, Bone Stock for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-08-2011, 11:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

cwinterbower is more helpful than not
Garage
I would think you would be able to find a plethora of images on all those as they have been around a long time with google images or bing images either one. Resonator only = huge drone and somewhat of an annoying sound,not to mention the silly look you get. The nicer cat back exhaust systems are well worth the extra cash. Though it's hard to tell what you are going for by the post, most guys on this forum are probably going to lean towards subtle higher end parts vs throwing a resonator on it.
#3 Old 11-08-2011, 11:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Look on YouTube

I can't believe you haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. You've been looking since July. haha

My 2Ę --> Find a sound you like on YouTube and hopefully it will have the angle you want

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#4 Old 11-08-2011, 07:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

05STISuby is an unknown
Yeah ive been looking forever, I was gonna go with the standard turboxs one but the tip is a little smaller than stock and i wanted to keep it around the same size, i want a loud exhaust but not super annoyingly loud like the n1's... AMS has a pretty good looking cat back thought... decisions... decisions... and ive gone around on youtube quite a bit i guess im just indecisive...

05 Subaru STI
#5 Old 11-09-2011, 05:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The TXS one sounds nice for a decent price. Have any guys to hang out with that own Subies?

Or even a meet.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#6 Old 11-09-2011, 08:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Solution - Buy the Turbo xs, cut the tip off, weld on stock STI tip. That'll add about $7 to the cost of the setup. Don't let the tip not being what you want change your mind over an exhaust system, that's like not buying the perfect house because one room has ugly paint.

-Chris
#7 Old 11-09-2011, 09:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The Borla single tip has a nice rolled tip, but it has no resonator and it was loud as hell. I switched to the Borla twin tip (hush) and have been running it for 6 years in the Chicago salt without a problem.

The extra money is worth it. A friend buys the eBay stuff for his EVO and I think he gets a new one every two years or so b/c they fall apart.

I like the twin tip b/c it looks inconspicuous. I'm not into the fart cannon stuff.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#8 Old 11-28-2011, 06:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

05STISuby is an unknown
Yeah i have a couple friends with subies but they all either have the hks exhaust or their stock one like mine. and i do like the idea of just using the stock tip thanks! and that borla one also looks really clean. I definitely dont want to go with the ebay parts I'd personally rather do name brand just cause I dont always trust ebay stuff. Thank you for the imput everyone!!

05 Subaru STI
#9 Old 11-28-2011, 06:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Youtube. Gets you sound and look. Some even give you in car sound/drive-by etc... Its all of personal preference i know people that love open dump waste gate sound and i kno others that enjoy fart can sound.. So pick your poison.
#10 Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
IMO there's usually a lot of videos with a ton of wind noise, distorted sound from a phone camera, or both. I've found it very hard to get an accurate idea of real world sound from the video's.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#11 Old 11-28-2011, 07:36 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Not many people that post on youtube have the quality equipment to give you the quality sound. Some are close, but none are really giving the recorded item its due justice be it good or bad. I have found that it is easier to figure out in person. But if using youtube listen to as many of the same exhaust so you see the variations that can come from different recording devices and circumstances.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#12 Old 11-29-2011, 11:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

Klone is an unknown
dude i would get the hks hi-power.i say its worth the money.it has a nice sound, no droan and it makes your subaru sound like a V8 just remember, you get what you pay for.
#13 Old 11-30-2011, 05:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Its not possible to imitate the sound of a proper V8 exhaust sound with a 4 banger. Loud yes...will it sound like a *insert your favorite V8 with flowmaster/whatever exhaust*? Never....unless you do a LS1 swap your impreza will never sound like a V8.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#14 Old 11-30-2011, 05:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
This gave me an excuse to post this car I found while I was looking to buy. I found it about 3 months ago. Surprise! They still have it.

Cars for Sale: 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan in Holland, MI 49424: Sedan Details - 302555509 - AutoTrader.com

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#15 Old 11-30-2011, 06:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
LOL, that is the baddest S202 that I've ever seen. /sarcasam

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae