Subaru WRX Forum banner

Picture of Greddy Type-S bov set up????

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mines2013 
#1 ·
I just installed my Type-S bov. I looked all over the forum for some answers but I got none. All I am getting is the flutter sound out of it. I tried hooking up the lower nipple on it by t-ing into the vacuum port on the intake manifold. I tried adjusting the screw and everything but nothing seems to work. If someone on here has this BOV could you let me know how you have it set up? A picture would be the best. I have an 07 WRX with a TMIC. Thanks in advance. It's dumping to the atmosphere too. (I know it's bad.)

#2 ·
Sorry for being retarded. I hooked the lower nipple to the boost line connected between the turbo and the wastegate (on the turbo side). Now, It sounds good, but in low boost it flutters. I know this isn't good so does anyone that has this BOV help me out? Thanks.

#3 ·
you should go back to the stock bov until you get a recurculation kit for your greddy bov. Another option (and its what im saving up for) is to get a front mount intercooler like perrins and also get their boost tube that allows you to have the greddy bov and vent to the atmosphere safely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.