Subaru WRX Forum banner

Perrin TMIC, 06 wrx

10K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 06 wrx and was thinking about getting this perrin top mount

Subaru WRX/STI Perrin Top Mount Intercooler

Is that a good deal and what kind of power gain am I going to get from that?

My current mods:
cobb AP stage 2 map
TBE
perrin lightweight crank pulley
perrin intercooler hose kit

and as far as a tune and supporting mods what would I need?
is it worth getting this without getting a turbo upgrade as well?

#2 ·
Should have a y-pipe with it, looks like it doesn't.

It's worth getting if you plan on upgrading your turbo later. It won't do anything without a tune but it won't hurt either. Might make a slight difference on a really hot day.

#3 ·
Brand New, It doesn't come with a Y-pipe. It re-uses the STI Y pipe or if your using a wrx. You need a STI style Y pipe to make it work. I re-used my Y pipe and gaskets. When I upgraded mine.

You won't really see a gain, unless you get tuned for it. If your running some sort of tune and its really cold out. You'll like pop a CEL like I did.

#5 ·
Hard to say. I did a lot more than just add the TMIC and I went from 255 whp and 280 wtq to 266/315. But, my second tune was also a lot more aggressive.

#7 ·
Don't be sad though - when it finally comes time to upgrade the turbo, that'll be one less thing you'll have to worry about. That's a pretty good deal for a top quality part. If, for any reason, you don't end up using it to its full potential, you can just add it to your mod list as another bling item.

#10 ·
Yeah, I'm definitely used to my Stage 2 setup as well. I'm in a tough spot though because I still owe ~9k on my car and I'd really like to get it completely paid off before I start investing more in it. Plus I have to pay for my own tuition too now which is a killer. I have a feeling I'll probably end up keeping my car this way for a while until school is finished in a couple years and by then the car will probably have tons of miles on it and I'll be ready to start fresh - with an STi possibly!? I can only hope :)

#11 ·
That is what I plan on doing after college man show. get a Sti.

I was looking into a little more and I could get a STi intercooler and vf39 and just run the vf39 map from cobb.
Seems like this could save me a lot of money. Has anyone done this?
Would I need to get new injectors and pump if i did this?
and if anyone has a vf39 or Sti intercooler let me know:)

#18 ·
For aggressive tunes, yes. Like myself and the craptastic 550cc injectors I'm running now. 850cc injectors plus a lot of fun stuff in about 14 days for my car. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.