Subaru WRX Forum banner

Perrin or Helix DP?? Opinions....

3K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  lovemy07 
#1 ·
Just got my catback installed yesterday. I decided to go with the HKS Carbon Ti, oh my god does it look great and sound even more incredible than I would ever imagine !Thumbs Up . Well the boxer growl has me begging for more. So what do you guys recommend. The Helix DP ($229) or the Perrin DP ($329). I am not really worried about the price. I have heard that some DP's can be thin metal and cause a lot of noise in the cabin. I am looking for a quality pipe that I know will be loud, but wont drone too much in the cabin. Im pretty sure I want to go catless too. Please any thoughts will help. I'll post pics of the exhaust soon. :p

#4 · (Edited)
I can say the same for the Helix pipe, plus it has the o2 bung for a wideband as well. :p

Just avoid the HKS downpipe, until they revise the design of it, it's going to be substandard. Go with any of the other pipes mentioned.

#7 ·
If price is no issue to you then I would suggest the Cobb dp..... That's what i have and it is sweet.... Mind you both the perrin and helix are also of excellent quality... These are the top 3 in my books.

As for the drone, My friend has a catless dp with your exhaust and in the cabin the drone gets a tad annoying after a while... But any catless dp will make your car that much louder...

#8 ·
bigbadbuddha said:
If price is no issue to you then I would suggest the Cobb dp..... That's what i have and it is sweet.... Mind you both the perrin and helix are also of excellent quality... These are the top 3 in my books.

As for the drone, My friend has a catless dp with your exhaust and in the cabin the drone gets a tad annoying after a while... But any catless dp will make your car that much louder...
Don't forget Invidia~ They make good quality downpipes as well. The HKS Hi-Power which I had as well with a catless downpipe was droning so I got rid of it. Going on road trips got pretty annoying but I do miss the sound of the HKS Hi-Power.

#10 ·
I have a Helix d/p on my car right now and it is a quality piece, I've had it on for over a year now. I also have a Perrin d/p sitting on my deck right now. It is a very well built downpipe and also has the divorced wastegate(I've heard it gives you a few extra horses). Can't go wrong with either piece. If you are interested in the Perrin, it was only on for about 5k miles and about 6 months, PM me if interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.