pain in tha rear check engine - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-26-2007, 02:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

subiesteve is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to subiesteve
pain in tha rear check engine

i am haveing issues on my 06.i put a vf34,perrin uppipe,invida downpipe the one with the split,agency power header and a blitzs duel drive blowoff valve as well as a fujitta cold air kit.i uunhooked the battery during the install and have no leaks but from time to timeit pops an engine code.will an cobb tuner help elimate this issue because im planning on having one installed in atlana when i get the car dyno'd.thanks for any insite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-26-2007, 03:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

RentForSale is an unknown
How about some fuel injectors and pump to support that turbo ? No EM or tune with all those goodies is a bad bad idea .

-NICK-
#3 Old 05-26-2007, 09:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

subiesteve is an unknown
did install a 255 walbro,i asked the dyno shop about my fuel needs and they said that my injectors would due.as soon as bosch lets me have a lil free time ill get the tune i know it badlyy needs.thanks
#4 Old 05-26-2007, 10:46 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiesteve View Post
did install a 255 walbro,i asked the dyno shop about my fuel needs and they said that my injectors would due.as soon as bosch lets me have a lil free time ill get the tune i know it badlyy needs.thanks
Everything you installed would be fine if you either A) had some type of EM, or B) had the thing dyno and tuned RIGHT after the install. You really shouldnt be driving that car without on or the other. You NEED to get that thing tuned NOW, you should probably not drive it either untill done so. By the way unplugging the battery really doesnt do much for these cars especially for upgrades such as that.
#5 Old 05-26-2007, 01:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

subiesteve is an unknown
thanks for the warning,the shop im going to cant get to it till end of june and by then i will have bought a cobb acc,they are behind due to the one lap of america race.ill just haft to baby it till then,good thing i live about 5 min from work
#6 Old 05-26-2007, 01:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
I am curious why you went with only a vf34 on an STI? And why didn't you just wait till you could have it tuned before putting on the mods? Finally you actually put these mods on without any sort of em?
#7 Old 05-26-2007, 08:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

subiesteve is an unknown
i got a monster deal on tha parts,everything was new,except the turbo,bought from a longtime friend.still have my factory 39.i know without a tune the car isnt running up to par,still runs great and it is running just a little rich acdording to the dealer so im not flippin out about it,if it was on the lean side i would have shut it down day 1.the lack of any cats im sure isnt doin anything else to aide in my problem.i promise a tune is only weeks away.by the way im just lookin to make 350whp and it is my understanding that im on the right road,just trying not to get detoured.thanks for any info
#8 Old 05-26-2007, 09:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

RedefinedWRX is an unknown
You should sell me your VF39

07 WRX TR
- Alex
#9 Old 05-26-2007, 10:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

subiesteve is an unknown
if i do decide to sell it,it will post here first.it has about 15000 miles on it and all i run is moble 1 syn.i do have some sti wheels and tires for sale on here though
#10 Old 05-27-2007, 08:53 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiesteve View Post
i am haveing issues on my 06.i put a vf34,perrin uppipe,invida downpipe the one with the split,agency power header and a blitzs duel drive blowoff valve as well as a fujitta cold air kit.i uunhooked the battery during the install and have no leaks but from time to timeit pops an engine code.will an cobb tuner help elimate this issue because im planning on having one installed in atlana when i get the car dyno'd.thanks for any insite
Depends on what the CEL is.If its for the cat efficiency DTS,then yes.If it's for a lean condition due to the Fajita(steak or chicken) CAI,then no.Since you obviously own a computer and have access to the interaweb i would research alittle before modding.I agree with the others on the VF34.Total waste as it's not any bigger than the VF39.The only positive is hopefully no boost creep with the bigger exhaust housing.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#11 Old 05-27-2007, 10:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

ArmyWRX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ArmyWRX Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyWRX
if you have a lab top you could always go opensorce.... im sure a xps map could help you keep your engine safer till you get a protune.... still wouldn't run it had till i got the protune....
#12 Old 05-27-2007, 12:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

subiesteve is an unknown
i admit that this is my first import,in the past is was all U.S. iron,ya know install a cam,carb and exhaust and away you went so i figured i would free flow the exhaust,get the car breathing before slapping a tune on it.you people have been very helpful.i have one last question and its a phrase i see more and more and its boost creep,what is it.i dont notice any sudden rise under normal driving. agian thanks for all then info.