P0244 wastegate soleniod performance after DP stage 2? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-01-2008, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
P0244 wastegate soleniod performance after DP stage 2?

just finished installeing my cobb catless DP and i flashed stage 2 from the cobb ap
very happy sounds great spools faters and defintley pulls harder !!! but in 5th i punched it and i threw this code for p0244 wastegate soleniod performance..??? im spike at 16 melo down to 14.5-15 psi.... any sugesstions ??? please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-01-2008, 06:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
I think you overboosted. It can happen when you're in a high gear and under WOT for a while. Retuning the wastgate duty cycles might help to correct that, or the solonoid itself could be bad and you need to replace it (unlikely).

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #3 of 9 Old 03-01-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
I think you overboosted. It can happen when you're in a high gear and under WOT for a while. Retuning the wastgate duty cycles might help to correct that, or the solonoid itself could be bad and you need to replace it (unlikely).
yea i think it was an over boost too the car nose dived and it pulled the timing and then the check engine light came on....retune the wastegate duty cyctes?? how and can i do it?? or should i just wait for the protune in about 2 weeks and he can tune that out ?
post #4 of 9 Old 03-01-2008, 07:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PVMNT View Post
yea i think it was an over boost too the car nose dived and it pulled the timing and then the check engine light came on....retune the wastegate duty cyctes?? how and can i do it?? or should i just wait for the protune in about 2 weeks and he can tune that out ?
Yeah just try and take it easy and stay out of WOT until your protune.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #5 of 9 Old 03-02-2008, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
i was looking at the wastegate arm and it looks to be scraping on the heat shield for the turbo i have a cobb heat shield is it possible that its getting hung up on there? anyone have that problem.... looks like it might be gettign hung up to me im going to bend the heat shiled out of the way a little
post #6 of 9 Old 03-02-2008, 04:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Don't bend it too much. The corner passenger side is only connected in the bottom corner.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-02-2008, 09:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
im getting my downpipe installed on Monday and i plan on just throwing away the stock heat shield, almost everybody i know doent run one....is that a good idea?

by the way what happens when you overboost? i know it throw a cod and retard timing a bit to avoid any knock but then does your car ever return back to how it was before you overboosted or do you have to re-set the ecu or re-tune?
post #8 of 9 Old 03-02-2008, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh15 View Post
im getting my downpipe installed on Monday and i plan on just throwing away the stock heat shield, almost everybody i know doent run one....is that a good idea?

by the way what happens when you overboost? i know it throw a cod and retard timing a bit to avoid any knock but then does your car ever return back to how it was before you overboosted or do you have to re-set the ecu or re-tune?
reset the ecu or clear the code same diffrence.. and why not run a heat shield think off all of the extra heat being thrown at your intercooler thats like 5 inches away??..
post #9 of 9 Old 03-03-2008, 07:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PVMNT View Post
reset the ecu or clear the code same diffrence.. and why not run a heat shield think off all of the extra heat being thrown at your intercooler thats like 5 inches away??..
It only really pays a heatsoak toll when the car is hardly moving to stopped. Even then it's ok to have, you just have to realize it may be a bit sluggish on acceleration from a stop. Once you're moving though, doesn't make a difference.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement