Subaru WRX Forum banner

P0244 wastegate soleniod performance after DP stage 2?

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Longshot 
#1 ·
just finished installeing my cobb catless DP and i flashed stage 2 from the cobb ap :D
very happy sounds great spools faters and defintley pulls harder !!! but in 5th i punched it and i threw this code for p0244 wastegate soleniod performance..??? im spike at 16 melo down to 14.5-15 psi.... any sugesstions ??? please

#3 ·
yea i think it was an over boost too the car nose dived and it pulled the timing and then the check engine light came on....retune the wastegate duty cyctes?? how and can i do it?? or should i just wait for the protune in about 2 weeks and he can tune that out ?

#5 ·
i was looking at the wastegate arm and it looks to be scraping on the heat shield for the turbo i have a cobb heat shield is it possible that its getting hung up on there? anyone have that problem.... looks like it might be gettign hung up to me im going to bend the heat shiled out of the way a little

#7 ·
im getting my downpipe installed on Monday and i plan on just throwing away the stock heat shield, almost everybody i know doent run one....is that a good idea?

by the way what happens when you overboost? i know it throw a cod and retard timing a bit to avoid any knock but then does your car ever return back to how it was before you overboosted or do you have to re-set the ecu or re-tune?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.