Opinions....WRX + Mods or new STi? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 Old 02-23-2004, 01:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

outka5ter is an unknown
Who wants a car fixed up from the factory anyways, for lazy tuners if you ask me I have no repsect for these type of people. Anyways I am running at 400+ with stock internals, Turbo XS stg4 TMI with an interchiller, and cusco manifold, and its not a problem, just a ticking time bomb b4 i break a rod, the major draw back is the transmission, the 6 speed sti has a better race ratio than the 5 spd wrx has, creating for wrx racers when lining up against an sti.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 02-23-2004, 08:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
well.....it is tuned from the factory...and it comes with a warranty...so i dont see why you dont have respect for it.?

not only is it a higher output engine, but has better suspension, steering, brakes, wheels, etc......

if you dont want to lose your warranty, then the STi is for you. however, if you want to mod a car well, and have a well performing package straight from the factory, i personally think it is awesome!
post #18 of 23 Old 02-23-2004, 02:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

outka5ter is an unknown
"I have no repsect for these type of people"

Not no respect for the car, i think that it is an amazing machine, but for someone to buy one and keep it stock and expect people to consider them tuners/enthueist is rediculous, considering they have done nothing to show for the performance.
post #19 of 23 Old 02-23-2004, 03:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXblurr is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXblurr
Yeah i must agree with outka5ter.. If you have the $ it doesnt make you a tuner/enthueist. Its the people who take the time to learn about thier car and work on thier car that are real tuners imo..
post #20 of 23 Old 02-27-2004, 03:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

cuzican is an unknown
warranty

It seems like the warranty is both a good thing and a bad thing. With it you have the comfort of knowing your covered, but your locked in at stock performance(which aint so bad). What can I get away with and not void the warranty?? My 04 is bone stock and I want more!!!!!
post #21 of 23 Old 03-10-2004, 01:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

stevewrx is an unknown
When I bought my 04 WRX, I paid 22k - an STi was $9,500 more - to me, it wasn't worth the extra $$$ at the time. Now, they are being advertised in the 28k range - I'd definately spend the extra $5k - $6k for the power, brakes, suspension, wheels, tires, etc. Now I'm experiencing trans problems already, which probably wouldn't have happened w/ the STi. Bottom line is besides the better baseline performance, the STi is already modded for you (by engineers) and they are willing to back it up with a warranty - If you drive a car hard - buy the STi
post #22 of 23 Old 03-15-2004, 04:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

cuzican is an unknown
What if any Mods can I do, without voiding Manufacturers warranty. It's to late to get the STI, my wife bought me the 04 wrx. (she thought the sti gold rims looked to getto).
post #23 of 23 Old 03-15-2004, 04:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to BlueDemon
Quote:
Originally posted by cuzican
What if any Mods can I do, without voiding Manufacturers warranty. It's to late to get the STI, my wife bought me the 04 wrx. (she thought the sti gold rims looked to getto).
Uhhhh, there is an option to buy them with the silver rims, you know?

Blue