Next for the subi - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-23-2012, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wrxcyan44 is an unknown
Next for the subi

K so I've gotten my wheels and stuff and car is coming together but now I have an exhaust leak so next upgrade is new exhaust. I wanna do a cat back custom exhaust, I wanna know how big of piping I should go and the parts I need to buy. I want the angled muffler look and didn't know besides the muffler what else I would need to buy, like most exhaust shops should have the necessary piping but didn't know if I needed to buy a resonator or what... So any input would be nice. Thanks guys

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-24-2012, 01:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Why not just buy a pre-made aftermarket cat back? There are several companies that make angled-exit cat backs and odds are that it will bolt right up with minimal (if any) fitment issues.

John
07 WRX
post #3 of 6 Old 03-24-2012, 09:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Probably because he has a Impreza and not a WRX...my friend tried to put a WRX catback on his 07 2.5L Impreza the other day and it was 4" too short.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #4 of 6 Old 03-24-2012, 10:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
I would just go buy a muffler and take it to a muffler shop and have them put it on man. Just tell them what you want and they should be able to put it on there for you at a minimal cost. A cat back on an n/a car won't do anything for you except sound so I would be looking to save money.

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-24-2012, 10:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Ah, good call. I don't have any first-hand experience with that, but at least that's a relatively easy problem to solve.

John
07 WRX
post #6 of 6 Old 03-25-2012, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wrxcyan44 is an unknown
I just need to fix that damn exhaust leak though. It's so annoying. I'll just probably have them fix that instead. I don't need a wrx or sti just yet just like playing with the car and stuff. All I do is drive the corners and shit so maybe next year step up to your guys level and get an actual wrx or sti. I just love these damn subarus! So I'm just working with wgat I have right now :P

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app