Subaru WRX Forum banner

New to this. What's next for my car??

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
Hey all, first post here. Like I said before I'm pretty new to this so here we go.

I have an 06 wrx

I got Headers, up pipe, and a cat back. I also have little things like a turbo timer, strut bars, and tires and whatnot.

I know I need an intake ( was thinking cobb)

OK, To the point. I want to make a lot of power and keep it street legal. ( I live in MA if it matters at all )

I was thinking about getting a Cobb downpipe (the 50 state legal one)

But I would really like to get a bigger turbo, front mount, or whatever I need to make some bigger power gains.

Also is it worth it for me to get an accessport? Because I would like to get a pro tune at like dyno flash or something kind of close to me. But I want to wait until I have some more stuff before I shell out the dough to get a tune done ya know?

So what should really be next the intake and an accessport or something.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

See less See more
#6 ·
Well I was going to get the tune right after I got the headers but I figured I would wait until i got everything done then just tune it the one time.

Like I said before I really have no idea what's going on.. =(

I've been scoping out the forums just trying to learn what's going on

#8 ·
You shouldnt have really any problems, just not getting much if anything out of the parts. Get you a good bellmouth DP as soon as you can and then try and get some type of tune or engine management. The 06-07 its a must to have some type of EM.

Also when you say "alot" of power, what do you mean? The trannies on the WRXs arent the greatest. You might want to start searching and saving for some better/stronger gears (i.e. PPGs) after my turbo swap/tune my next step is tranny (and hopefully engine build at the same time).

#9 ·
Realistically I want maybe 350-400 hp. Problem is I want to keep it street legal. I know cobb makes a street legal downpipe.

Yeah I think the next step is going to have to be a downpipe then a tune. I eventually want to get a bigger turbo and I'll probably need a front mount no??

So downpipe then a tune. Hopefully I'll have that by july =)

Thank guys

#12 ·
I run the Cobb full TBE, its a great piece. 350-400 shouldnt be too bad or hard to get. Im actually waiting for my TDO5-20G to come in and my tuner said 350 with it shouldnt be too bad. However I just upgraded to a bigger TMIC for now, so it might limit me some.

#20 ·
I am STRONGLY against FMICs on our cars unless you have an ENORMOUS turbo. TMIC > FMIC unless the TMIC physically can not keep up and handle the power. Why do you want slower response?

I cant count how many people i see with FMICs on their stock/16g/18g setups, and all i can think of is why? I just laugh knowing my TMIC is giving me better performance. to each their own

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.