Subaru WRX Forum banner

New injectors?

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just a quick question. When i go to stage two with my 04 sti will i need new fuel injectors? I was gonna get new ones anyway just wondering if when i went stage two i needed to do the injectors at the same time, and what kind of injectors should i get? Thanks in advance :cool:

#8 ·
You don't need either right now. Nor for stage 2 and yes you could get the fuel pump without the injectors.

A good rule of thumb is if you need a fuel pump to run your mods safely you are close to maxing your injectors but once again you don't need it for stage 2 which is what your asking correct?

#12 ·
Not exactly "stage 2" but my tuner did believe that the stock turbo is limited by the stock STi injectors. If you're getting a protune, you might consider it even with the VF39/43 still under the hood. Being fuel limited is a waste ;) For a cobb AP stage 2 map do you need upgraded injectors? No. In fact, you can't use that map if you did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.