New Goodies Installed - Lots of pics - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-19-2007, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

RedefinedWRX is an unknown
New Goodies Installed - Lots of pics

Installed the TurboXS TMIC and BOV couple weeks ago. Loving the extra performace gains. Just installed the Eibach Prokit the other day. Here are a bunch of pics my wife took.

Gotta love the billboard

07 WRX TR
- Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-19-2007, 08:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

bxwrx3 is an unknown
NIIIICEEE! Thumbs Up im feeling that TMIC. What is that Vacuum hose on ## BOV connected 2??
post #3 of 13 Old 05-19-2007, 08:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
wow, that intercooler is a beauty... nice! I thought about getting a name brand intercooler, but my ebay ic was only 110 so I don't know if it would've been worth it.
post #4 of 13 Old 05-19-2007, 09:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

bxwrx3 is an unknown
Yea Wrexd how was the fitting on ## IC ?
post #5 of 13 Old 05-19-2007, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Its just a normal BOV vaccum line with a boost gauge t'd into the hose.

I thought about getting an eBay one but I read more indepth on the efficiency rating and everything but figured I'd spend the extra money on one with a better core and was tested with my U-tech Delta. Plus I've heard of fitment issues with the drive-by-wire models but TurboXS specially made this one for the drive-by-wire ones.

07 WRX TR
- Alex
post #6 of 13 Old 05-19-2007, 09:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

bxwrx3 is an unknown
How was the fitment on the Turbo XS IC?
post #7 of 13 Old 05-19-2007, 09:53 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Nice looking car, IC is awesome looking. Im wanting one of those also when it comes time to upgrade the turbo and IC. How is/was the fitment and installation of it?
post #8 of 13 Old 05-20-2007, 02:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
did you have to tune with that tmic?
post #9 of 13 Old 05-20-2007, 02:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
getting that huge ic in was a HUGE pita. the first time took forever, but now I can remove it and put it back on in like 15 mins. there are certain techniques that you'll need to utilize.

RedefinedWRX: what did you read about the efficiency rating?

I know this is kind of off topic, but I'm not really impressed with the ebay ic. Honestly I'm not really sure how well it performs since it's been so long since I've gone WOT (don't ask why), but the slightest bit of traffic heatsoaks it badly. Even during no traffic, the ic isn't much cooler when I park and set my hand on it. Maybe my butt dyno is messed up or something, but I was never really able to tell much of a difference. Of course I'd gain more if I got a tune, but even the quality of the unit is simply unimpressive. I had to port the inlets and ic elbows to get the flanges to line up correctly. I had to do a lot of wiggling, shoving, yelling, bending, pulling, etc. to get everything to fit. Then there's the drivers side bracket... it crushed a row of fins, and it gets to me every time I open my hood. I would be willing to spend 3x what I did for some oem-like quality, but even then I wouldn't have enough money for even the cheapest am ic. Whatever, I'll just deal with it.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-20-2007, 06:38 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh15 View Post
did you have to tune with that tmic?
With any upgrade or mod like that its a GOOD idea to tune so that you can get the most out of it.

WReXd, do you have the TurboXS or the ebay? Cause the one in the picture is the TurboXS. Im just wondering cause I want to know about the TurboXS one, not really interested in any other ones.
post #11 of 13 Old 05-20-2007, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Ok I tried to post a long explination before but the darn thing just sat there and never posted it. Long story short, I got some friends at Iowa State that tested out the flow and eff. ratings. The TurboXS IC out preformed all the other TMIC's they tested (SS AutoChrome, Parren, Sperico) It cooled the air up to 10% better than the others and flowed up to 1.5% better. Also there was a more evan temp across the entire core.

And yes I am tuned for it. But I am going to retune as soon as I get a larger turbo.

07 WRX TR
- Alex
post #12 of 13 Old 05-20-2007, 11:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

thebean123 is an unknown
Whats up with the Advanced Discount Auto parts sticker?
post #13 of 13 Old 05-21-2007, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I am the store manager at Advance Auto Parts in Rock Island IL. So we use the car for shows and what not, pick up a few more sales that way. Every thing under my hood and on my car can be ordered form Advacne Auto Parts, if they say they cant get it have them call my store and talk to me personaly we can get tons of stuff for the WRX.

07 WRX TR
- Alex