New exhaust suggestions? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 01-07-2009, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

170typhoon is an unknown
New exhaust suggestions?

I am going to be purchasing a new exhaust in the near future. I would like to hear from some of you all as to what you have, like, and prefer. I have a 2006 wagon that is totally stock right now.

I am looking for suggestions on a full turbo back system as well as a catback system that can be upgraded later to a full system.

Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 01-07-2009, 12:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
A catback is mostly for looks and sound. As for downpipes, go for a BELL-MOUTH design downpipe. I personally went with COBB because of the quality. It's expensive but worth it. Do you want a Catted or a Non Catted? Helix sells a cheap catted downpipe and the quality is great! As for the catback, do you want it loud or quiet? Loud would be like the Blitz Nur Spec R or the Invidia N1, a quiet catback would be the Borla Hush, or the COBB Catback. Just research around, this topic has been beaten to death.
post #3 of 21 Old 01-07-2009, 07:53 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I love my Cobb TBE, awesome sound, awesome quality. Bellmouth is the way to go, the CBE is up to your look and sound preference.

CobbTuning.com - Exhaust Design

WRX STi Exhaust: Catback & Turboback Exhausts, Gaskets, Hangers, Headers & Components JSC Speed

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 21 Old 01-07-2009, 08:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

subarooster is an unknown
hks hi-power carbon-ti is almost as beautiful as it sounds. sounds great, although a little on the loud side. 3 inch catless piping with a carbon fiber muffler and titanium blue 5 inch tip. SLANTED!!! lol ya just my opinion that's SO what i'm getting. although don't get their downpipe....it's not a bellmouth and keep in mind CATLESS so that's your choice...
post #5 of 21 Old 01-07-2009, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

170typhoon is an unknown
I would like to do a catless downpipe I am just concerned with spike/creep. I was looking at the Invidia N1. I would really like to just go ahead and do a full turbo back. I would like it to be loud
post #6 of 21 Old 01-07-2009, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

170typhoon is an unknown
What about the Greddy Comp Ti-C turbo back?
post #7 of 21 Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
+1 on the Greddy Ti-C. Greddy Ti-C catback is my FAVORITE!
post #8 of 21 Old 01-08-2009, 02:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

subarooster is an unknown
invidia is good i heard it sounds nice with HKS. there's also megan racing. cobbs too expensive but there are plenty. i'm gonna get the megan racing downpipe with HKS catback. can't wait
post #9 of 21 Old 01-08-2009, 10:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Phatnucca is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Phatnucca
I have an Invidia catless DP and invidia N1 on my 07 TR. It's a little on teh louder side but still sounds great! I do get a little boost creep, but the power from this setup is awesome

07 WRX TR-12.7@106
Invidia Catless DP,Invidia Catback,SPT Intake,Stage2Protuned,Large TMIC
post #10 of 21 Old 01-09-2009, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

170typhoon is an unknown
Are you using the divorced or bellmouth DP? Did you have problems with the CEL with the Invidia setup?
post #11 of 21 Old 02-04-2009, 12:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

shyster505 is an unknown
I am running the Invidia N1 racing CB. Looks and sounds great. I also have a Invidia catless DP sitting in my garage that was givin to me. Waiting to get EM and see if a local tuner can tune out any boost issues.
post #12 of 21 Old 02-11-2009, 02:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

RenoSTi is an unknown
I'm running the Invidia V3 divorced wastegate downpipe on my sti and I love it. Its made really well. As far as catbacks go....my buddy has the Invidia N1 and its very loud, another buddy has the Cobb which is smaller and almost looks stock but has a good sound and is a little quieter, I have the Greddy EVOII and I love it more than anything I've heard. I had the HKS carbon ti on my 05 sti and that was a great exhaust too. I would stay away from Megan though, its poorly made. I had one and the hangers that were welded onto the muffler rusted and then cracked and broke off >=/ hope this helps a little.
post #13 of 21 Old 02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Full Helix catless TBE...it sounds amazing...and it costs a heck of a lot less than the others...I've had mine for 4 years now and it's still in great shape

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #14 of 21 Old 02-12-2009, 03:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Cobb TBE
Any bellmouth downpipe mated to Mad Dad Whisper/Borla Hush/Greddy Evo2/Cobb Catback

Everything else is too annoyingly loud for a daily driver.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
post #15 of 21 Old 02-12-2009, 10:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjott21 View Post
Cobb TBE
Any bellmouth downpipe mated to Mad Dad Whisper/Borla Hush/Greddy Evo2/Cobb Catback

Everything else is too annoyingly loud for a daily driver.
not entirely true...the helix comes with an exhaust silencer that you can install when u want to be quiet, and take it out when you dont...and i'm pretty sure most other big name exhausts come with one as well...plus da man says he want it to be loud and from my experience the helix is by far the loudest...but before you go catless dp make sure you get some form of engine management or you will have problems...also if you plan on removing the catted dp you may as well go with a catless up-pipe...helps the turbo spool faster

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement