New Engine - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 Old 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
I would ask a tuner if you need to get retuned. You are changing your compression as the EJ257 pistons are different, but it's only as small amount (the bigger compression difference between the 255 and the 257 is mostly caused by the heads). I would still double check though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 10-25-2012, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Jautry27 is an unknown
I have been talking to a guy at Mazworx USA in Florida who deals with high performance Japanese engines, and this is actually what he recommended. He drives a Forester with almost the same set I will have. EJ257, TD04, 11mm OEM Oil Pump...He is the same person I got the engine from as well. He never said anything about have to have it retuned, but I'll ask him next time I speak with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
I would ask a tuner if you need to get retuned. You are changing your compression as the EJ257 pistons are different, but it's only as small amount (the bigger compression difference between the 255 and the 257 is mostly caused by the heads). I would still double check though.

Jason - 2007 WRX TR - Warning: Objects In Mirror Are Losing
post #18 of 18 Old 10-25-2012, 10:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jautry27 View Post
I have been talking to a guy at Mazworx USA in Florida who deals with high performance Japanese engines, and this is actually what he recommended. He drives a Forester with almost the same set I will have. EJ257, TD04, 11mm OEM Oil Pump...He is the same person I got the engine from as well. He never said anything about have to have it retuned, but I'll ask him next time I speak with him.
What year Forester? Some of the Forester "EJ255"s are actually early 257s.

Again, stock pump!