Subaru WRX Forum banner

New 06 Sti roof spoiler

5K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  cbonito 
#1 ·
Do you think it'll fit an 05 and how much do you think it effects the car? Is it similar to the Evo MR rear roof spoilers? Looks nice, HATE THE NEW GRILL :hurl: . My dealer has a white, blue and black in for Stis, I think the black looks the best with the grill.

#3 ·
I want that spoiler as well, yes it will fit our cars ( the body is the same from 02-06) I can't tell you how it effects the car but it must do something? :confused: I know that the trunk spolier is a little bigger on the 06 too, but yea it should do the same as the EVO MR

#5 ·
It increases stability at higher speed.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that the '06 STi scoop is no longer bigger then the WRX. I heard its because the hood lines were changed which gained better airflow to the intercooler, so there was no longer a need for a huge hood scoop.

#9 ·
WRXtreme said:
It increases stability at higher speed.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that the '06 STi scoop is no longer bigger then the WRX. I heard its because the hood lines were changed which gained better airflow to the intercooler, so there was no longer a need for a huge hood scoop.
Yea they have better aero dynamics now so they were able to go with a smaller scoop.

#10 ·
It's really too bad they couldn't have made this out of carbon fiber instead of whatever painted alloy it is. I think it'd be a much hotter addition. From what I have read it will need to be screwed onto the rear pillars, so you best be brave if you really want it, and know that you're going to like it for a long time to come.

#11 ·
That roof spoiler looks like crap in person, so does that grille and hood scoop, and what is up with the tail lights!? come on subaru designers you ruined one of the nicest cars out there.

the new car just looks (and I hate to say this) just as ricey if not more than the evo. The only thing that I like about it is the subaru oval emblem on the trunk lid

I'm glad I got the 05 wrx, although I don't know if they made similar atrocities to them also (the regular wrx that is).

#12 ·
From this bi-monthy's subiesport magazine, the reason they have it on there is because although we will probably never be traveling fast enough to gain the benifits of this new spoiler, the only way it's allowed to be on the rally car, it has to be on a production car. Think of it as our gift to Peter Stolburg to win some races for us and Subaru !Laugh!

#18 ·
Vew said:
From this bi-monthy's subiesport magazine, the reason they have it on there is because although we will probably never be traveling fast enough to gain the benifits of this new spoiler, the only way it's allowed to be on the rally car, it has to be on a production car. Think of it as our gift to Peter Stolburg to win some races for us and Subaru !Laugh!
the performance benafit to a spoiler on a rally car could be debated

#21 ·
fuapiti said:
That roof spoiler looks like crap in person, so does that grille and hood scoop, and what is up with the tail lights!? come on subaru designers you ruined one of the nicest cars out there.

the new car just looks (and I hate to say this) just as ricey if not more than the evo. The only thing that I like about it is the subaru oval emblem on the trunk lid

I'm glad I got the 05 wrx, although I don't know if they made similar atrocities to them also (the regular wrx that is).
I like the evo but I can't stand the '06 front end on the WRX's. Definately stoked on my '04.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.