New 06 STI confused on DP? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-15-2008, 08:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

STI-LOS is an unknown
New 06 STI confused on DP?

Hey whats up guys. I just picked up a 06 STI w/ 10,000 miles the car is immaculate. It has a SPT Intake, and a SPT Catback and a BOV I think it a cheap one ita anodized blue I think I saw it on ebay for like $40. But anyway I am new to the STI I have been searching but still a bit confused I know the parts an all but anyway i have had a pickup for 10 years so I am out of the game a bit.. Here goes.... I want to get a DP but dont want to spend $600, I was looking at the Cobb, Turbo XS, Invidia, and a ebay one the JDM SRS it was pretty cheap.. Just wondering which do you guys suggest I would like to spend 300-400 on one also do I need a catted one? I really dont worry about inspection since I usually dont do it perks of being a Cop I guess I never get hassled but anyway if I should do one I will. I am also confused if I should do a Cobb AP first before doing the DP cause I hear alot about Boost Creep can I just add the DP and then do the EM or should I do that first to tie in the mods I have now?? What DP would work the best on this car. Also should I get a better BOV then this crappy one or just put the stock BPV back on it, can this crappy BOV do any damage? Thanks for the help, like I said I am not one of these guys that are not willing to search but I am just confused on what I am reading.... Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-15-2008, 08:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

helomechwrx is an unknown
Get the Cobb AP first, then DP and then I would put the stock BPV back on.
#3 Old 01-15-2008, 10:45 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
If you have the stock BPV go ahead and put it back on, the car will probably run a little smoother between shifts and probably have a nicer idle. If the type of EM you want is the Cobb, pick it up and run he stage one map. It makes alot of difference on the car. Then just look around for a nice bellmouth designed down pipe and run a stage 2 map. The downpipe will net you some nice gain, but so will a stage 1 map (a little quicker spool, smoother power delivery). Need anything else just ask.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 01-16-2008, 06:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

STI-LOS is an unknown
Thanks for the reply guys. So I was thinking of getting the Cobb AP + DP but which DP do you guys suggest I mean I dont want to pay $600 for one is there any good ones in the 300-400 range that are catted. Also if I ran a diff BOV would that be ok like a Perrin Recirculating type BOV I mean I want to run more boost in the future like 19-20 psi so wouldnt I need one. Or should I just run the stock BPV, can the BOV really hurt my engine? Just wanted to see what you thought of this mod list.Thanks again

Cobb AP
Cobb or Invidia DP catted but would like a cheaper one..
Lighter Crank Pulley
Boost Controller
BOV or Stock BPV
#5 Old 01-16-2008, 10:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
check out this deal. CVR Motorsports - Subaru :: WRX STI :: 2006-2007 :: Power Packages

cobb is great but expensive, i love invidia ### of the prices and still great quality. just sell the SPT cat-back

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#6 Old 01-17-2008, 09:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

dmcmahan12 is an unknown
Helix DP

Take a look at Helix exhaust. It is the same as Invidia as far as quality but the price is right. When I bought my UP/DP combo 2 years ago it was $450 shipped. It is now $385. Take a looke at Gruppe-S web sight. They have some good deals. Hope this helps. Good luck.
#7 Old 01-17-2008, 02:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Okeyd57 is an unknown
I have the Invidia V2 dp on my 06 STi, and I've had no problems with it. It's a catless dp. It also matches up well with my Invidia G200 system

Okey's Black Mamba-06 STi-OBP- Cobb stage 2