narrow band a/f ratio - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-25-2007, 01:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

07subie is an unknown
narrow band a/f ratio

I bought an autometer three gauge setup and they weren't able to install the a/f ratio narrow band because it's a two wire 02 senor and my 07 wrx has 4 wire 02 sensor. well they told me i had to bought auotmeter 2wire 02 sensor and have two 02 sensors. This true? I just got an invidia catted dp and going to install on downpipe. Is their any way easier to install the a/f ratio with out welding a bung to dp? To get accrute results? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-25-2007, 02:32 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
You wont get accurate results at all from a narrowband A/F gauge regardless. A wideband A/F gauge is what is used to tune cars and gives good accurate results. Im not sure though about your setup to get the narrow band to work.
#3 Old 09-25-2007, 08:25 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
You wont get accurate results at all from a narrowband A/F gauge regardless. A wideband A/F gauge is what is used to tune cars and gives good accurate results. Im not sure though about your setup to get the narrow band to work.
+1 Yup.The narrowband won't give you any worthwhile info.Sell it and put the money towards a wideband that has datalogging abilities/programs.Innovatives LC-1 is a nice affordable one for around $200 and the program Logworks that it can be used with is pretty amazing.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#4 Old 09-25-2007, 11:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

07subie is an unknown
yeah i know it's not as good as wideband but just going to finish my gauge set-up. Just want to know what i need to do to set it up.
Do i need that new autometer 02 sensor
or can i just tap into the stock one?
different way of setting it up?
#5 Old 09-26-2007, 01:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

speedytang is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to speedytang
You just tap into the signal wire of the O2. It does not matter if you have a two wire(no preheat) or a 4 wire (with preheat).
It is useless but a nice light show at night. lol
#6 Old 09-26-2007, 10:09 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
or you can get innovates lc-1 wideband sensor http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php
it will work with after market guages even if they are narrowband.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#7 Old 12-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
witch wire is the signal wire on a 06?