My soon to be setup - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 02-05-2011, 09:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
I'm a perfect example, it took me damn near 6 years to get my car to the state it's in now
It took me 8 yrs to get my car where it is. But you need to do it in stages where you can support what you have on the car. You start little and work your way larger, not the other way around. Getting the big stuff without the support mods will never work in your favor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm looking at about 5 years before my power goals are done. Then it's on to the tranny and suspension, then to the interior.

Probably be 8 years total, 6 years from now, until the car is 100% what I want. Damn my expensive taste and unwillingness to just throw it on a credit card. Cash is king baby!

Back to the OP, I'd say 1000cc injectors will be fine for that setup. I know a guy running the 20g-xt on 750cc DW injectors and they were pretty much maxed out on E85 at 20psi. A true 1000cc injector will be fine for a few more psi. Any more than 22-24 and you're risking your stock engine. Hell you're already risking your engine with the 20g-xt, but that's fun!

-Chris
#18 Old 02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm looking at about 5 years before my power goals are done. Then it's on to the tranny and suspension, then to the interior.

Probably be 8 years total, 6 years from now, until the car is 100% what I want. Damn my expensive taste and unwillingness to just throw it on a credit card. Cash is king baby!

Back to the OP, I'd say 1000cc injectors will be fine for that setup. I know a guy running the 20g-xt on 750cc DW injectors and they were pretty much maxed out on E85 at 20psi. A true 1000cc injector will be fine for a few more psi. Any more than 22-24 and you're risking your stock engine. Hell you're already risking your engine with the 20g-xt, but that's fun!

-Chris