My soon to be setup - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-02-2011, 03:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

dheim96 is an unknown
My soon to be setup

So I have an 06WRX and I am about to start buying parts for it starting this weekend Here is a list of what I am going to buy this weekend. I know I am spending a lot but hey it has to be done.

-Blouch 20g XT 10cm
-FMIC (ssautochrome)
- EWG with Tial 38mm vband
-APv2
-Invidia dp v2
-1000 cc injectors
-fuel pump
-turbo blanket

I already have a cbe and spt intake. I am still trying to decide on what bov and turbo inlet to get. I will be ordering these parts this weekend like I said and hopefully get them installed asap, then it will be on for a tune for both 93 and e85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-02-2011, 05:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
don't buy that shit FMIC, a good top mount like a Perrin or Turbo XS will do better

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#3 Old 02-02-2011, 06:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

dheim96 is an unknown
It's the same as the turboxs fmic. I'm doing fmic because in case i decide to go roared in the future I won't have to worry about selling my top mount. I take the few hundred rmp loss.
#4 Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
You REALLY need a down pipe also, and more than likely a new intake also. And yes the ssautocrap is LIKE the TurboXS in design/theory, but its not the same quality, at least not the ones I have seen in person. It might work out, it might not, but you have been cautioned.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 02-02-2011, 10:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Josh he has a DP listed

and OP I've had personal experience tuning cars with SSAC and TXS FMIC's and yes they may look the same but they are no means the same performance wise on average the SSAC has heat soaked 2~3 psi quicker than the TXS in my experience, and if you plan on maxing the turbo on E85 you might want to step up to 1200cc injectors, 1000cc may do it but you'll be seeing damn near 100% IDCs

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#6 Old 02-03-2011, 09:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheim96 View Post
It's the same as the turboxs fmic. I'm doing fmic because in case i decide to go roared in the future I won't have to worry about selling my top mount. I take the few hundred rmp loss.
It's a copy of the design but it's not the "same".

In addition the SPT intake will need to be replaced with better and you're gonna need a boatload more parts that what you listed.
#7 Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I see that now, Matt, thanks. My bad OP.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#8 Old 02-03-2011, 10:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

dheim96 is an unknown
In addition the SPT intake will need to be replaced with better and you're gonna need a boatload more parts that what you listed.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure I will need a boatload more parts? This is a solid start for a setup.
#9 Old 02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
In addition the SPT intake will need to be replaced with better and you're gonna need a boatload more parts that what you listed.
How do you figure I will need a boatload more parts? This is a solid start for a setup.[/QUOTE]

Keyword is start. It's not a complete setup. Where are your motor mounts? Clutch and flywheel? Brake and suspension upgrades?
#10 Old 02-04-2011, 03:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

dheim96 is an unknown
Keyword is start. It's not a complete setup. Where are your motor mounts? Clutch and flywheel? Brake and suspension upgrades?[/QUOTE]

I am very aware of what I need for my car. But like most people I don't have 15k to drop on it from the start.
#11 Old 02-04-2011, 04:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Keyword is start. It's not a complete setup. Where are your motor mounts? Clutch and flywheel? Brake and suspension upgrades?
I am very aware of what I need for my car. But like most people I don't have 15k to drop on it from the start.[/QUOTE]

Then you either need to hold off on purchasing or installing until you have enough.
#12 Old 02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

dheim96 is an unknown
I have enough to install on my car. Thanks for the concern but I think I'm ok.
#13 Old 02-04-2011, 06:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Well, that is your own misconception
#14 Old 02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Geez. It's not like the OP said, "Okay, I have everything to install on my car to be everything anybody ever wanted." He has a list of parts he wants to install on his car. I haven't replaced my sways, brakes, springs, TMIC, turbo, injectors, etc. Not everyone does everything at once. In fact, most people do a couple things at once. He's not saying he has the complete list for his car. Just that he has those parts for his car. It sounds exciting. Have fun with it and let us know how it goes.
#15 Old 02-04-2011, 07:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

I'm a perfect example, it took me damn near 6 years to get my car to the state it's in now

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt