Mudding in a WRX? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-15-2007, 03:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

zacwrx07 is an unknown
Mudding in a WRX?

I talked to a guy that owns a 06 rex and he was telling me about mudding in his car. I know he was not really "mudding" but just riding through some puddles because he does not have the clearance to make it through deep stuff. I wanted to ask if its a risky doing that in a rex? Can it mess the car up? I'm just curious cause I think he might be doing bad to his car. Can anyone tell me anything from experience or anything that they know?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-15-2007, 07:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Our cars were meant for rally...... take it from there. I don't think water hurts any car really, as long as it's not over the hood

The only off roading I do is on the beach and such....Then straight to the car wash.

Last edited by pzr2874; 12-15-2007 at 07:40 AM. Reason: adding
#3 Old 12-15-2007, 08:13 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Thats the key right there. As soon as you take it to mud or sand or where ever. Just be sure to get the car NICE ad clean afterwards. I have ran on the beach with mine a few times. It was a blast, but it did suck getting it cleaned. But it is/was a must.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 12-15-2007, 08:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

Black Night is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Black Night
i remember the first time i went "mudding" with my wrx, i had my car for about 2 months and they started building houses around the block from me....dirt + rain equals one hell of a time....after continuously doing 360's for about 2 minutes, i pulled on the main road...i thought i had broke something because of how unevenly the mud spread, and was making my car shake at 15+ miles an hour.....WRX's can take a beating, but as said above, make sure you clean them right after
#5 Old 12-15-2007, 02:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

valetudospan is an unknown
The "sand" will do a great job destroying your car Be careful

fix the nut behind the wheel
#6 Old 12-15-2007, 02:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

valetudospan is an unknown
Look out for roots, sharp rocks, and puddles that are much deeper than assumed. In addition, put some blue painters tape on the wheel wells, to protect paint from the roost.

and when you are understeering towards a tree, yank your e brake.

fix the nut behind the wheel
#7 Old 12-15-2007, 08:10 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Yeah I know about sand, and salt destroying cars quickly. I grew up on the east coast. I went to a wash rack that was like 2 minutes from the beach. If anyone else ever does something of this nature, I recommend getting the car cleaned ASAP.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#8 Old 12-15-2007, 11:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

VanillaJuice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to VanillaJuice
mmmmm theres a HUGE dirt lot by my apt complex....every time it rains i go out there and just drive around for like an hour.....some of its pretty deep...up to the bottom of the car...fun as hell....but cleaning it SUCKS after wards....esp when the cops come after me...i dunno if its illegal or not...but i never stick around to find out haha

Opensource tune by CAMTuning.com
Parts from Jeremy at Crucial Racing
#9 Old 12-22-2007, 08:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxroberts is an unknown
i just went "mudding" today in my sti with lower clearance then a wrx and i was fine. the mud was kinda thick and had some pretty deep trenches from construction equipment. i just drove slowly through it and observed where any rocks or deep drops were and went from there. once you know its clear you can go all out over it. with deeper thick mud and street tires(like what i had) its more like slow motion drifting than anything. i liked doing it on dry dirt a lil more since i could go faster but its all good fun. just be careful and remember its what makes a subaru a subaru lol
Photobucket