Modded 06 WRX Protuned w/chart. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Erlend is an unknown
Modded 06 WRX Protuned w/chart.

Well the day finally came!

I drove my car the 150 or so miles to get to Harman Motive in Torrance CA today and finally got my 2006 WRX Protuned.

Mods:
K&N Panel Filter
STi TMIC
Invidia V3 Catless Divorced Wastegate DP
Cobb SS3" CBE
Cobb AP V.2

With those mods I managed to squeaze 227 WHP and 272 WTQ at 16.3 lbs of boost. This ended up being enough to be the strongest '06 WRX that they had ever tuned.

The baseline was with the Cobb Stage2 map installed directly through the AP V2. So you can see that the stock map from cobb is actually quite nice when it comes to smoothness. I must say though, after tune, my Christine pulls like a real bitch. I actually felt that I had to restrain myself when wanting to get on it from a light, simply because it feels so friggin fast now.

As far as gains go... gains were great. I am very happy with the results. For those wondering what the next step would be... Bigger Turbo. And that is a step that I am not going to do to this car. That is for another project. So... except for a GP Moto silence delete mod, this is it for power modifications.

All in all... its been a long time in the making, but I was grinning all the way home.
35 runs and every run was as solid as the previous run. The tuner was visibly impressed. HUGE to the guys at Harman Motive, Harman Motive!!

See attachment for the proof.
~E
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-03-2008, 06:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
those are pretty good numbers, congrats man. my bugeye was the most whp and tq on stock turbo at H & H in NC, it was 240whp and tq on a mustang.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#3 Old 04-03-2008, 09:21 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
your afr looks to be all over the place, it drops to 10.5 at 6400.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#4 Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
your afr looks to be all over the place, it drops to 10.5 at 6400.
i noticed that also.

did you tuner give you a reason why the a/f is like that?

everything else looks really nice, and very smooth! huge difference over stock ay? i know i love my stg 2 06 wrx!
#5 Old 04-03-2008, 11:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That's a conservative tune. Is that what you wanted ? Might wanna ask them to tune it a "little" bit more aggresive, up the boost to 16.5 or so. AF is a little low as well.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#6 Old 04-03-2008, 12:09 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
boost doesn't make power, airflow makes power. There comes a point where raising boost actually reduces air going into your engine and thus reduces power. People obsess so much about boost numbers as to think that 16.3 is inherently worse than 16.5? Sheesh.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#7 Old 04-03-2008, 01:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Erlend is an unknown
The boost numbers on the dyno read about 1psi lower then the bost numbers on the engine itself. He was just using the dyno boost numbers as a guide. My manifold boost pressure is 16.3 as max.

I dunno about the A/F Ratio graph. Its consistant with the amount of timing advance he ran. I dont know THAT much about A/F Ratios to be quite honest. Just know that the car never feels fuelstarved or too rich right now. If someone can explain to me why my A/F graph is bad I will most definately as the tuner!

*Edit
Oh.. and the dip in both HP and TQ at around 4000 is a Cobb problem. My tuner tried around 20 pulls or so to even that out, and what happened was that the Cobb AP did not manage to override the stock ECU at that point for some reason. He said that Cobb had told him they fixed the problem, but obviously did not. Evidently not THAT many 06 and 07's have gone on the dyno, mainly earlier models. He said that once Cobb find a way to completely override the stock ECU he would send me an updated map that would clear that right up.
#8 Old 04-03-2008, 02:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
having a 2.0, I am quite envious of that much torque before 3800rpm

Congrats!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#9 Old 04-03-2008, 08:34 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Nice numbers, I would be completely happy with something like that. Congrats on the tune man.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#10 Old 05-01-2008, 11:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

96accord is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 96accord Send a message via Yahoo to 96accord
Very nice conservative tune!

I am thinking about getting a protune....

Here is my dyno chart w/ the following mods:

Cobb AP V2 93 Octane Stage 2
ERZ DP (Catless) *Currently have Invidia V2 Catless
SPT Cat-back
*Currently have STi TMIC but not for dyno*

239.x awhp and 289.x awtq on Dynapack Dyno: