mobil1 5w30 wtf? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 Old 10-01-2007, 10:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT2 View Post
I have been contimplating moving from mobile1 to royal purple for a few weeks. Now I am fully convinced on switching, all the info was great.
do it! even backing my car out the driveway after i changed the oil felt different!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 10-02-2007, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mystilexzero is an unknown
im using redline 10w30 with a pureone filter and the car quited down so much im AMAZED, performance feels the same, just the sound deaded.
post #33 of 34 Old 10-03-2007, 09:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXLTD is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystilexzero View Post

im using redline 10w30 with a pureone filter and the car quited down so much im AMAZED, performance feels the same, just the sound deaded.
Didn't you see that bearing load test earlier in this thread? Why use Redline oil if it failed the bearing test as bad as the Mobil 1 oil? Seems you are paying all that money for nothing. If money is not the issue, why aren't you running Royal Purple instead?

Personally I'm not worried about any of this oil hoopla. To save money I change my own oil & filter every 3,000 miles using Mobil 1 & a Subaru filter, and since don't race my daily driven WRX, I'm not worried in the least about my bearings. I'll tell you though, I do run Royal Purple in my 2004 mach 1 and it seems to do very well with it.

Kartboy and Perrin and Cobb...Oh My!
post #34 of 34 Old 10-04-2007, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mystilexzero is an unknown
well i showed my tuner that picture by giving him the link to this post and he simply replied, if they arent the pistons in an ej25 than he doesnt care, he's been running redline since 10k and all his built motors run redline and even till 100k, when he took his engine apart to rebuild it, it had regular wear and tear. By regular i mean, the wear and tear on a wrx with a regular driver, not someone who races their car so long story short

redline protected his engine through all the racing and dyno runs and daily driving conditions up to 100k thus far, and will keep using it until proven other wise. also the oil used there was 5w40, my tuner uses 10w40 in the winter and 15w50 in the summer.