Misfires? No more~!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 11-09-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Jonpark is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to Jonpark
Misfires? No more~!!!

My car(07' wrx)had a misfiring problem ever since i got my car tuned with VF39 turbo with all those mods in it and pushing around 290awhp... cylinder #1,2,3 all had misfire issues...
i was going to try a perrin fuel rail to fix this problem but i read a thread about the equal length headers also will fix the problem so i got one from perrin and put it on. now no more misfires!!!! haha so happy now

291.11whp/321.13wtq 18psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-09-2007, 02:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Okeyd57 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonpark View Post
My car(07' wrx)had a misfiring problem ever since i got my car tuned with VF39 turbo with all those mods in it and pushing around 290awhp... cylinder #1,2,3 all had misfire issues...
i was going to try a perrin fuel rail to fix this problem but i read a thread about the equal length headers also will fix the problem so i got one from perrin and put it on. now no more misfires!!!! haha so happy now
I have an 06 STi, with a 20G, fmic, 850 injectors, a Walbro pump, and a pro tune. I get phantom misfires on cyl. #1 and #3, especially when it's above 80 degrees. from what I've read, the real problem is uneven fuel delivery, especially on cyl. #3.

However, I've never heard that equal length headers solving this problem. How does it do so ? I've seen a DIY thread where you can change the fuel delivery from series to parallel on the stock rails, which evens fuel flow to each injector, or to change fuel rails to solve the problem, but I can't imagine how just equal length headers would do that !

Okey's Black Mamba-06 STi-OBP- Cobb stage 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement