ME vs. Neon SRT4 w/ Greddy T6....turbo - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 12-17-2007, 12:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
The yellow bandit!

Tell him he should take us for a ride when hes done tuning.

Us as in you and me Nick.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 12-17-2007, 12:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

valetudospan is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2005/11/30/c...yo-tires-time/
http://www.superstreetonline.com/eve...ack/index.html

Remeber,these are professional drivers............

Is AWD a better handling platform theoreticly?Absolutly!Well then how come the Cobalt SS beat a 600whp AWD Skyline?Or the Misubishi EVO's?Also let me know how many Subaru's placed ahead of the SRT4's.........

Its really great that one of the greatest drivers in the scca could do that with a fwd car. That was seriously breaking news in the community, because he was driving fwd....
Its a superb feat. Congratulations to him and his teams tuning capabilities. Its nice to see something like that happen.

Considering the big picture of the thousands and thousands of time attacks with RWD AWD destroying fwd cars constantly over and over again. Its a nice thing that a fwd can get some light.

Also I would take a look at the CLASSES that those car were running in.... In addition to crawford smashing them in the past and that subie is a legal street car..

fix the nut behind the wheel
#33 Old 12-17-2007, 07:44 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX06TR View Post
It also has to do with the weird turbo set up and the unique hotside. With the SRT4 the stock hotside to the turbo is actually inside the manifold. And actually one of my friends down the street is a big SRT-4 guy and has some pretty extensive modifications to his. I have held the stock turbo and it is quite small.
I have done a couple of port jobs for those turbos.They are TD04LR-16GK's !Small 16g not big.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#34 Old 12-17-2007, 07:49 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudospan View Post

Also I would take a look at the CLASSES that those car were running in.... In addition to crawford smashing them in the past and that subie is a legal street car..
Am I missing something?Both are in unlimited

17 29 Dodge SRT Samuel Hubinette 2004 Neon SRT4 01:57.909 Unlimited FF

18 54 Crawford Performance Russell Warr 2004 Subaru WRX Sti 01:58.309 Unlimited AWD

I'm not saying the FWD is a better platform.I 100% agree with you AWD is the way to go especially when you start tossing in unfavorable track conditions.Not to mention the safety aspect of the Subies and suspension geometry.The SRT-4 is very limited because it was built to be an econo box.It wasn't designed to be a "race car".It was designed to go fast in a straight line cheap enough for the "F&F" croud to purchase.Never mind the dealer installed "stage1 & 2 " packages that could be purchased as an option and tagged on to the total cost at signing.But to flat out say a FWD cannot perform is just false.That's all I'm trying to prove to you

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#35 Old 12-17-2007, 02:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX06TR is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXKidid775 View Post
The yellow bandit!

Tell him he should take us for a ride when hes done tuning.

Us as in you and me Nick.
Um yea...he blew it up. lol...Apparently the shop he had install the engine messed something up (I am without details). Anyway the built engine was still under warranty so it was pulled and shipped out again. He should have it back sometime in Jan.

It is scary as hell. I was with him doing some tuning, and a partial throttle pull at 18psi was scary. I have never been in a car where the turbo kicked so hard. No even Mikes STi or Tyson's EVO can compare.
#36 Old 12-17-2007, 04:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
PFFFT!!! That Festiva will eat any car on this site alive...and that is all . It really amazes me that people think because they beat a WRX or STi that they have accomplished the impossible. I know of at least 3 cars in this area that because they tried racing a stock WRX and tied or beat it they have the fastest car around, only problem with that is that most of the "kids" driving these cars don't have the sense to get out of the rain anyway...Meh before I get pissy here I just want to state that this site is a good enjoyable place to come and discuss subarus not whether or not they can beat another car...so if we may can we get back to the article about the SVT Festiva please....

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#37 Old 12-17-2007, 04:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

valetudospan is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Am I missing something?Both are in unlimited

17 29 Dodge SRT Samuel Hubinette 2004 Neon SRT4 01:57.909 Unlimited FF

18 54 Crawford Performance Russell Warr 2004 Subaru WRX Sti 01:58.309 Unlimited AWD

I'm not saying the FWD is a better platform.I 100% agree with you AWD is the way to go especially when you start tossing in unfavorable track conditions.Not to mention the safety aspect of the Subies and suspension geometry.The SRT-4 is very limited because it was built to be an econo box.It wasn't designed to be a "race car".It was designed to go fast in a straight line cheap enough for the "F&F" croud to purchase.Never mind the dealer installed "stage1 & 2 " packages that could be purchased as an option and tagged on to the total cost at signing.But to flat out say a FWD cannot perform is just false.That's all I'm trying to prove to you

agreed. Just to clarify, i was stating that the crawford sti is driven to most of its events since its a street legal car and it is competing in the unlimited class. thats all. cool discussions.

fix the nut behind the wheel