ME vs. Neon SRT4 w/ Greddy T6....turbo - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 37 Old 12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
WRXpert
 
dumdum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,800
Images: 12
dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by awd4life View Post
dumdum, that thing is DOPE! It is "Ford MOTORSPORT Ford" I think that is the SVT Festiva! 550 Hp to the wheels STOCK! I had only heard about those... The stuff of Legend.

Good find!
SVT It is a "special" vehicle alright......

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
dumdum is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 37 Old 12-07-2007, 06:50 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
LeohMit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 137
LeohMit is an unknown
"special" as in 30 clowns can fit in it!!
LeohMit is offline  
post #18 of 37 Old 12-10-2007, 05:19 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
turmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,371
Images: 6
turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
LOL SVT Festiva....you guys kill me with the stuff you find.
turmic is offline  
post #19 of 37 Old 12-15-2007, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
valetudospan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 184
Images: 3
valetudospan is an unknown
I just put a serious woppin on a srt4. Im means serious. Front wheel drive cars, work pretty much completely against performance. Booo FWD

That Srt4 couldnt handle those bends. It was understeering like no other. Such a shame.

fix the nut behind the wheel
valetudospan is offline  
post #20 of 37 Old 12-15-2007, 07:24 PM
WRXpert
 
dumdum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,800
Images: 12
dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudospan View Post
I just put a serious woppin on a srt4. Im means serious. Front wheel drive cars, work pretty much completely against performance. Booo FWD

That Srt4 couldnt handle those bends. It was understeering like no other. Such a shame.
What's funny is everybody thinks just because they beat blah blah blah car it means they are slow or suck.Reality check.They are fast,and can go faster for less money than our cars.The later models came with a quaffie LSD and can actually handle pretty well with some suspension tuning.They come with much better tires than the WRX's come with and a MUCH bigger turbo.You can put a crappy driver in a frigg'n Dodge Viper and you will get a 15 sec 1/4 mile.Put a good driver in a Viper and you will get a 11 sec 1/4 mile.See where i'm going?

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
dumdum is offline  
post #21 of 37 Old 12-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Moderator
 
newtothegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,493
Images: 4
newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Well put dumdum. I do get tired of reading stuff like this. Youtube is a riot for talk of that nature. But I guess to each their own.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
newtothegame is offline  
post #22 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 02:35 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
valetudospan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 184
Images: 3
valetudospan is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
What's funny is everybody thinks just because they beat blah blah blah car it means they are slow or suck.Reality check.They are fast,and can go faster for less money than our cars.The later models came with a quaffie LSD and can actually handle pretty well with some suspension tuning.They come with much better tires than the WRX's come with and a MUCH bigger turbo.You can put a crappy driver in a frigg'n Dodge Viper and you will get a 15 sec 1/4 mile.Put a good driver in a Viper and you will get a 11 sec 1/4 mile.See where i'm going?
Dumdum. Thanks for overgeneralizing my statement. Thanks for the hasty generalization & for the strawman.
I understand where your coming from, but the main point of my statement was geared towards FWD being contrary to performance, this isn't very debatable.

When you say, "Reality check." I sit and wait to be enlightened because tires & bigger turbo just aren't showin me the light when we are talkin fwd.
fwd vs 4wd. hmmm, I think that car is poor because its fwd and i bet the majority of professional drivers would agree. I will say that for a fwd car that its pretty good.. But there is a whole different world out there so why be stuck with something that is so contradictorily to performance. It reminds me of how Mustangs still have a straight axle.. hah

The creators of Fwd "performance" cars & the straight axle mustang must be related.


In addition if this is all driver error, then I would like to get a better driver in that srt & if he beats me i will say its driver error.

(i am a believer in the type R)

I do believe the MAJORITY of car control is done by the driver, but "performance" fwd creators.. come on

fix the nut behind the wheel

Last edited by valetudospan; 12-16-2007 at 04:09 AM.
valetudospan is offline  
post #23 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 11:18 AM
WRXpert
 
dumdum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,800
Images: 12
dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudospan View Post
I do believe the MAJORITY of car control is done by the driver, but "performance" fwd creators.. come on
http://www.autoblog.com/2005/11/30/c...yo-tires-time/
http://www.superstreetonline.com/eve...ack/index.html

Remeber,these are professional drivers............

Is AWD a better handling platform theoreticly?Absolutly!Well then how come the Cobalt SS beat a 600whp AWD Skyline?Or the Misubishi EVO's?Also let me know how many Subaru's placed ahead of the SRT4's.........

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
dumdum is offline  
post #24 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
TDub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 94
TDub is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TDub Send a message via MSN to TDub
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
What's funny is everybody thinks just because they beat blah blah blah car it means they are slow or suck.Reality check.They are fast,and can go faster for less money than our cars.The later models came with a quaffie LSD and can actually handle pretty well with some suspension tuning.They come with much better tires than the WRX's come with and a MUCH bigger turbo.You can put a crappy driver in a frigg'n Dodge Viper and you will get a 15 sec 1/4 mile.Put a good driver in a Viper and you will get a 11 sec 1/4 mile.See where i'm going?
Hmm, just out of curiosity, I haven't done a whole lot of research on the SRT-4, but if their turbo is so much bigger than ours.. how the hell does it spool up so fast?
TDub is offline  
post #25 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 03:50 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
wrxman420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 452
Images: 3
wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDub View Post
Hmm, just out of curiosity, I haven't done a whole lot of research on the SRT-4, but if their turbo is so much bigger than ours.. how the hell does it spool up so fast?
Their turbos spool up faster because they have a 2.4L motor. It pushes out alot more air.
wrxman420 is offline  
post #26 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 05:50 PM
WRXpert
 
nagyhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,181
Images: 4
nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudospan View Post

In addition if this is all driver error, then I would like to get a better driver in that srt & if he beats me i will say its driver error.
thats exactly what it was, driver error. If you put me in that srt-4 and some 16 year old who just got his license in your car, who do you think will win?

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
nagyhead is offline  
post #27 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 08:30 PM
WRXpert
 
dumdum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,800
Images: 12
dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxman420 View Post
Their turbos spool up faster because they have a 2.4L motor. It pushes out alot more air.
Yup.Thats part of it.The other is because it is an I-4.The exhaust manifold runners are like 18" long.Very little heat is lost before it goes into the turbo so exhaust gas velocity is high.On the Subaru the drivers side manifold is like almost 3' long.Then it combines with the passenger side manifold and still has to go through the up-pipe.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
dumdum is offline  
post #28 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 10:10 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
wrxman420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 452
Images: 3
wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Yup.Thats part of it.The other is because it is an I-4.The exhaust manifold runners are like 18" long.Very little heat is lost before it goes into the turbo so exhaust gas velocity is high.On the Subaru the drivers side manifold is like almost 3' long.Then it combines with the passenger side manifold and still has to go through the up-pipe.
well said, i forgot to mention that our headers are 3x the lenght of theirs.
wrxman420 is offline  
post #29 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 11:41 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
TDub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 94
TDub is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TDub Send a message via MSN to TDub
well that answers my question
TDub is offline  
post #30 of 37 Old 12-17-2007, 12:26 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
WRX06TR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nevada
Posts: 169
Images: 2
WRX06TR is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxman420 View Post
Their turbos spool up faster because they have a 2.4L motor. It pushes out alot more air.
It also has to do with the weird turbo set up and the unique hotside. With the SRT4 the stock hotside to the turbo is actually inside the manifold. And actually one of my friends down the street is a big SRT-4 guy and has some pretty extensive modifications to his. I have held the stock turbo and it is quite small.

WRX06TR is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On