ME vs. Neon SRT4 w/ Greddy T6....turbo - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 37 Old 12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by awd4life View Post
dumdum, that thing is DOPE! It is "Ford MOTORSPORT Ford" I think that is the SVT Festiva! 550 Hp to the wheels STOCK! I had only heard about those... The stuff of Legend.

Good find!
SVT It is a "special" vehicle alright......

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 37 Old 12-07-2007, 06:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

LeohMit is an unknown
"special" as in 30 clowns can fit in it!!
post #18 of 37 Old 12-10-2007, 05:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
LOL SVT Festiva....you guys kill me with the stuff you find.
post #19 of 37 Old 12-15-2007, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

valetudospan is an unknown
I just put a serious woppin on a srt4. Im means serious. Front wheel drive cars, work pretty much completely against performance. Booo FWD

That Srt4 couldnt handle those bends. It was understeering like no other. Such a shame.

fix the nut behind the wheel
post #20 of 37 Old 12-15-2007, 07:24 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudospan View Post
I just put a serious woppin on a srt4. Im means serious. Front wheel drive cars, work pretty much completely against performance. Booo FWD

That Srt4 couldnt handle those bends. It was understeering like no other. Such a shame.
What's funny is everybody thinks just because they beat blah blah blah car it means they are slow or suck.Reality check.They are fast,and can go faster for less money than our cars.The later models came with a quaffie LSD and can actually handle pretty well with some suspension tuning.They come with much better tires than the WRX's come with and a MUCH bigger turbo.You can put a crappy driver in a frigg'n Dodge Viper and you will get a 15 sec 1/4 mile.Put a good driver in a Viper and you will get a 11 sec 1/4 mile.See where i'm going?

post #21 of 37 Old 12-15-2007, 09:07 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Well put dumdum. I do get tired of reading stuff like this. Youtube is a riot for talk of that nature. But I guess to each their own.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #22 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 02:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

valetudospan is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
What's funny is everybody thinks just because they beat blah blah blah car it means they are slow or suck.Reality check.They are fast,and can go faster for less money than our cars.The later models came with a quaffie LSD and can actually handle pretty well with some suspension tuning.They come with much better tires than the WRX's come with and a MUCH bigger turbo.You can put a crappy driver in a frigg'n Dodge Viper and you will get a 15 sec 1/4 mile.Put a good driver in a Viper and you will get a 11 sec 1/4 mile.See where i'm going?
Dumdum. Thanks for overgeneralizing my statement. Thanks for the hasty generalization & for the strawman.
I understand where your coming from, but the main point of my statement was geared towards FWD being contrary to performance, this isn't very debatable.

When you say, "Reality check." I sit and wait to be enlightened because tires & bigger turbo just aren't showin me the light when we are talkin fwd.
fwd vs 4wd. hmmm, I think that car is poor because its fwd and i bet the majority of professional drivers would agree. I will say that for a fwd car that its pretty good.. But there is a whole different world out there so why be stuck with something that is so contradictorily to performance. It reminds me of how Mustangs still have a straight axle.. hah

The creators of Fwd "performance" cars & the straight axle mustang must be related.

In addition if this is all driver error, then I would like to get a better driver in that srt & if he beats me i will say its driver error.

(i am a believer in the type R)

I do believe the MAJORITY of car control is done by the driver, but "performance" fwd creators.. come on

fix the nut behind the wheel

Last edited by valetudospan; 12-16-2007 at 04:09 AM.
post #23 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 11:18 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
I do believe the MAJORITY of car control is done by the driver, but "performance" fwd creators.. come on
http://www.autoblog.com/2005/11/30/c...yo-tires-time/
http://www.superstreetonline.com/eve...ack/index.html

Remeber,these are professional drivers............

Is AWD a better handling platform theoreticly?Absolutly!Well then how come the Cobalt SS beat a 600whp AWD Skyline?Or the Misubishi EVO's?Also let me know how many Subaru's placed ahead of the SRT4's.........

post #24 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

TDub is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TDub Send a message via MSN to TDub
Quote:
Hmm, just out of curiosity, I haven't done a whole lot of research on the SRT-4, but if their turbo is so much bigger than ours.. how the hell does it spool up so fast?
post #25 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 03:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDub View Post
Hmm, just out of curiosity, I haven't done a whole lot of research on the SRT-4, but if their turbo is so much bigger than ours.. how the hell does it spool up so fast?
Their turbos spool up faster because they have a 2.4L motor. It pushes out alot more air.
post #26 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 05:50 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:

In addition if this is all driver error, then I would like to get a better driver in that srt & if he beats me i will say its driver error.
thats exactly what it was, driver error. If you put me in that srt-4 and some 16 year old who just got his license in your car, who do you think will win?

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #27 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 08:30 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxman420 View Post
Their turbos spool up faster because they have a 2.4L motor. It pushes out alot more air.
Yup.Thats part of it.The other is because it is an I-4.The exhaust manifold runners are like 18" long.Very little heat is lost before it goes into the turbo so exhaust gas velocity is high.On the Subaru the drivers side manifold is like almost 3' long.Then it combines with the passenger side manifold and still has to go through the up-pipe.

post #28 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 10:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Yup.Thats part of it.The other is because it is an I-4.The exhaust manifold runners are like 18" long.Very little heat is lost before it goes into the turbo so exhaust gas velocity is high.On the Subaru the drivers side manifold is like almost 3' long.Then it combines with the passenger side manifold and still has to go through the up-pipe.
well said, i forgot to mention that our headers are 3x the lenght of theirs.
post #29 of 37 Old 12-16-2007, 11:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

TDub is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TDub Send a message via MSN to TDub
well that answers my question
post #30 of 37 Old 12-17-2007, 12:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRX06TR is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxman420 View Post
It also has to do with the weird turbo set up and the unique hotside. With the SRT4 the stock hotside to the turbo is actually inside the manifold. And actually one of my friends down the street is a big SRT-4 guy and has some pretty extensive modifications to his. I have held the stock turbo and it is quite small.