MBC removal help - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-02-2011, 03:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

prescottn6ft7 is an unknown
MBC removal help

Just purchased a used 2005 WRX with a MBC installed that I would like to remove. I want to return the engine to OEM as possible. What would the parts assembly I need that runs from the flange just under the throttle body to the wastegate actuator? Is there somewhere other than eBay I can find O.E.M. parts like this online? I really need an O.E.M. bypass valve as well the car also came with a G.F.B. atmospheric BOV that I want gone immediately. The car atm is boosting way too much in 3rd gear running very lean and throwing check engine lights like a Christmas tree. Please help the new guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-02-2011, 10:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
If you can't find a factory BPV, you can get something like Perrin's Recirculating BOV (BPV) and it will do the same thing as the factory BPV.

I have no experience with the rest of what your car has, so I'm sorry I can't really help you there.
#3 Old 01-02-2011, 10:47 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Check on NASIOC.com for used parts like that (if I were in the states I would send you mine). Stay away from the Perrin BOV (had one and its an awful design). I have never messed with an MBC, but try looking up install instructions for one (via google) and see if you can do the process in reverse to return your car back to stock.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 01-03-2011, 01:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
CobbTuning.com - How Subaruís Factory Boost Control System Works

That link should help you out a lot.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#5 Old 01-03-2011, 11:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Check on NASIOC.com for used parts like that (if I were in the states I would send you mine). Stay away from the Perrin BOV (had one and its an awful design). I have never messed with an MBC, but try looking up install instructions for one (via google) and see if you can do the process in reverse to return your car back to stock.
Thanks for the correction. No intention to lead you in the wrong direction. My bad.
#6 Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondafan View Post
Thanks for the correction. No intention to lead you in the wrong direction. My bad.
Its alrite. Im just speaking from experience. The design is simple, and thats the problem, too simple. Once you adjust the spring tightness, it can/will work its way loose, it can cause your tube (which attaches to the top of the BPV) to twist and get kinked, or just a PITA to deal with, you can run into clearance issues also. If you want an aftermarket one, look into GFB, TurboSmart, or of course Cobb.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#7 Old 01-04-2011, 01:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
+1 to turbosmart

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#8 Old 01-04-2011, 10:59 PM

Heard great things about them. They were going to be my next choice (when getting rid of me Perrin), but Cobbs came out.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#9 Old 01-07-2011, 07:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

midniteblack is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to midniteblack
If the car is tuned for the mbc and other mods(which i hope it is). Make sure you're getting another tune when you switch back to the stock parts. Do not drive your car hard with the over boosting and running lean until you fix the problems. You're car is not happy.