Lowered suspension alignment ???? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-16-2007, 02:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
Lowered suspension alignment ????

i have a set of TEIN H TECH coils that about to reinstall with new struts
what exactly am i soposed to do with the algnment when i orig had the lowered springs
in i set the alignment to factory specs and the car seemed to be fine ..... the tires wore evenly .
although it road alot more sporty kinda like this but it was all good.. its performed and cornered so much better !!! i a want to know if there are better specs or , for agressive driving
or in general.... the drop is 1.9front .9 rear

what do you think ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

awd4life is an unknown
From what I have read, if you lower 'round 2" or more, a lot of stress is put on the struts. I think it makes a little more of a difference on the STI because it is already lower than the WRX. But upgraded struts might be a good idea. Dont you have to replace them in the first place due to that blasted curb in the parking lot?
#3 Old 11-16-2007, 02:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by awd4life View Post
From what I have read, if you lower 'round 2" or more, a lot of stress is put on the struts. I think it makes a little more of a difference on the STI because it is already lower than the WRX. But upgraded struts might be a good idea. Dont you have to replace them in the first place due to that blasted curb in the parking lot?
HAHAHA YEA thats why im asking i just ordered the struts and will be here monday
i just finished puitting some nice all season tires on and put the stock coils back in to jack it up for the winter... and then came the curb.... so i figured ill bite the bullet and just throw the h techs on the new struts do a major alignment and call it a day....
#4 Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

awd4life is an unknown
That sucks so bad man, hate to hear about a someone having to spend money to get things back to the way they should be instead of spending money on fun things.

That sounds like what I would do. Coilovers are nice so that you can just crank them in the direction you want to go, but you still have to get them aligned. Sounds like you have your stuff sorted out, glad to hear that.