Subaru WRX Forum banner

Looking at this car to buy, thoughts on it?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  titter 
#1 ·
Hey wrxtuners! Been awhile since I sold my wrx but now looking to buy another. A local guy has this for sale but I'm not up to date/familiar with some of the stuff he's done. Its an 06 wrx with a Baja Turbo motor in it. Also has a vf39 installed without a protune..He also mentions something about a 2nd air pump not being a part of the Baja motor so the wrx is throwing a code for it.

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/5411528102.html

Any thoughts or feedback is greatly appreciated. I don't want a major headache but I can't spend the 6k+ for a decent used wrx. I don't mind getting it tuned, just don't wanna get into something that could be a nightmare.

If this post is in the wrong section, feel free to move it. Wasn't sure where to post.

#3 ·
vf39 without a protune? what other mods does it have?

i could only imagine the damage hes done internally. that bigger turbo is pushing in more air that the fuel system is not compensating for and is probably running lean and detonating like a bastard.

stay far away.

also aip pump deletes are pretty common and u can delete the code from the ECU entirely, which he didnt do obviously. seems like a hack job shadetree mechanic.

Reactions: ericcraz
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.