Just a little advice for some mods - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 07-08-2008, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

06wrx06 is an unknown
Just a little advice for some mods

Whats up guys I have a question before I start my larger mod list.
For starters I have a 2006 WRX with a turbo back exhaust and a short ram intake along with the Cobb AP.

The mods I want to add to this set up first is a FMIC and a protune. I was thinking of a whole new fuel system and a GT35R or a TD06 20G with Tial Wastegate and a Tial BOV but my question is what might I need in adition to adding these performance parts to this car...Thanks

ERIK B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 07-09-2008, 03:13 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
You will also need a fuel pump and larger injectors (either new ones or modded stockers).

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 22 Old 07-09-2008, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

06wrx06 is an unknown
Yeah, thats one of the things I was going to do ws the complete fuel system. Do you think that the stock internals will hold up?
post #4 of 22 Old 07-10-2008, 03:30 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I have seen many running the 20G with stock internals, suppose it really matters on your driving habits honestly.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #5 of 22 Old 07-10-2008, 04:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
You could also add tgv deletes and headers, but they are not a must. Your internals will hold a 20g, but if you go for the 35r, i would suggest you upgrade them.
post #6 of 22 Old 07-11-2008, 05:42 AM

I would go and do TGVs if you were tearing apart the engine to throw in some forged parts, but I heard it is/can be a PITA to do. As far as headers I have heard and am thinkin eventually going with the highflow crossover and PnPed headers. That way there is less chance of losing the beautiful boxer rumble..

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #7 of 22 Old 07-11-2008, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

06wrx06 is an unknown
Yeah I hear about the TGV delets but I really have not done any research on them to see just what it does or adds. I saw a chart once that had shown that it took some Tourque away from the motor but it did give a decent amount of HP. I really dont want to do the headers for the same reason as newtothegame, that boxer rumble that everyone including myself knows it emphatically sets us Subaru owners from the rest. As far as the turbo I think Ill go for the 20G for a begining and then get all the internals done. Thanks alot ya'll for the input on this.
post #8 of 22 Old 07-11-2008, 05:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
GrimmSpeed

GrimmSpeed

I should have specified when I said headers, I meant the pnp stockers. Here are some links to the headers and tgv's. If you look at the pic between the stock tgv's and grimmspeed tgv's the is a noticable difference and flow better. I will be putting them on next week and going down to P&L Motorsports for a tune, I could give you an idea on how much power they add.
post #9 of 22 Old 07-12-2008, 02:30 AM

Sweet deal wrxman. Let us know how that goes.

06wrx, sounds like a good plan. I think that will eventually be the route I will also take, keep us posted on it.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #10 of 22 Old 07-12-2008, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

06wrx06 is an unknown
Thanks ya'll. I will keep all the things with the modifications posted on here.. L8R ya'll
post #11 of 22 Old 07-12-2008, 07:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

hemoglowen is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06wrx06 View Post
Whats up guys I have a question before I start my larger mod list.
For starters I have a 2006 WRX with a turbo back exhaust and a short ram intake along with the Cobb AP.

The mods I want to add to this set up first is a FMIC and a protune. I was thinking of a whole new fuel system and a GT35R or a TD06 20G with Tial Wastegate and a Tial BOV but my question is what might I need in adition to adding these performance parts to this car...Thanks

ERIK B
Oh man Erik, I'm in the same boat as you are hah. I've got an 06 WRX with turboback and short ram intake, I'll be purchasing an accessport hopefully very very soon. I am kinda confused on what mods should be my next....I am definitley thinking about suspension and whatnot before morep ower
It might sound really noobish but what exactly is something an 06 wrx owner can build up to..Like my friend has a nissan 240, hes building his up to a 180sx Type X (JDM of course). Now in terms of Subaru, what is the "JDM equivilent" to the 240's 180sx Type X? The STi Spec-C Type RA-R but....meh maybe I just don't know enough to try and talk about it..-_-
post #12 of 22 Old 07-14-2008, 12:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
The JDM equivilent is something sorta irrelevant. Since all of the JDM wrxs are running EJ207s instead of EJ255s in the 06-07 years. Plus the american 2.0L engine is the EJ205. You get a 8k rpm redline versious a 6k (7k STI) rpm redline and the 2.5 will have a bit more torque. I'm not sure if the JDM wrx has a 8k rpm redline....but I know the JDM STI does. Someone correct me if the 2.5 wrx redline is 6.5 rpm...I had one, but its been a couple months and I forget already.
post #13 of 22 Old 07-15-2008, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

06wrx06 is an unknown
The redline is 6.5.
I dont know really what Im going to do with mine either realy. I just want to keep it a daily driver but at the same time get it fast as hell. I really just want to get a larger turbo and a few other things to it. I am going to get a nw tranny for it sometime, probably the 6 speed with gears in it if I can find one like that. I hear thats a pretty penny though. Maybe somewhere along the way I will find someone that has one they will sell for a decent price. I do want to 6 speed though. I'm also thinking of the forged internals and some other things like that maybe cams, but thats alot L8R. I just want to see what this car can do..LOL... Good luck with your build HEMOGLOWEN.
post #14 of 22 Old 07-15-2008, 07:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

hemoglowen is an unknown
Hah, you too, I'll probably keep in touch on here, I am not really sure what mods I want next, and I need all the advice about building up engines and whatnot as I can get. !Laugh!
post #15 of 22 Old 07-15-2008, 10:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
Silverline Auto Finally On Nasioc. Check Out Our Deals On Sti Parts - NASIOC

These are good guys to look for a 6 speed on. As far as gt35r as a daily driver thats pushing it. You might want to look at an 18g. On your car its easily over 300whp and good for daily driving with enough power to make you go yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah. At least thats my 2cents I am sure lots will disagree.