just installed my turboxs front mount intercooler...now it wont start - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 27 Old 04-08-2011, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
so i took it all off and put it back on piece by piexe and its workibg now with no issues. so i went and got on boost but my afrs read 10. atleast i dont have a cel. so now ima save up for a td06 20g 740cc injectors and call it a day. makin progress, even though its sketchy at times

Keshav (kay-shuv)
stage II pro-tuned 04 STi
294whp/343wtq VF39 @19psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 04-08-2011, 04:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
did you check your boost readings, I'm betting the pressure drop is so high in that TXS FMIC your tune needs to be adjusted

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #18 of 27 Old 04-08-2011, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

i was hitting 22-23 so i turned the mbc down and now its around 19-20. there is lag but its not terrible at all

Keshav (kay-shuv)
post #19 of 27 Old 04-08-2011, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
just wondering what boost level are you tuned for, and why in gods name are you using an MBC when our cars are equipped with one of the most advanced boost managing ECUs out there

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #20 of 27 Old 04-08-2011, 07:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
That's easy Matt. Cheap inflated numbers and then the turbo falls on its face early. But, seriously....it needs to go IMHO.

Keshav: Why do you always take a step forward and then another step back? Rinse, wash, and repeat.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #21 of 27 Old 04-08-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

i got tuned with the mbc when i went in for my tune. its tuned for 19 psi. the car drives fine boost kicks in slighty later and pulls. i just wasnt romping geting on it really. im very satisfied with the ontercooler. and i know i kinda stumble along when it comes to getting things to act right but im ok with it. i had a problem, turned out to be minor and i fixed. not really any reason to flame me about it.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
post #22 of 27 Old 04-11-2011, 06:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I didn't think you kept the MBC Keshav.... Who does your tuning up there?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #23 of 27 Old 04-11-2011, 04:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well, I was more or less really flaming the MBC decision vs you. Its just not a good idea and I'm not sure why you did it anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning
The boost control system uses a closed-loop targeting system which does everything it can to make the boost control system consistent. By employing this closed-loop boost control system the electronic control unit (ECU) can use its speed to bring down boost in over boost situations and raise the wastegate duty cycles for under boost situations. The stock boost control system is much faster than any human analysis and input; we highly suggest you use it to your advantage. In some vehicles, the boost control system can set higher boost targets up to a certain miles per hour (MPH) or bring boost targets down after a set MPH. Some vehicles allow you to tune boost by the different gears you are operating the motor in. Most critical is the fact that the ECU (on DBW vehicles) forces the boost control system to shut down completely (so the vehicle runs mechanical boost pressure) if detonation events are continuing to occur. This bit of safeguard makes the factory boost control system far superior to any aftermarket boost control system, in our opinion. Once the stock boost control system is fully understood, you will find it easy to tune on internally or externally wastegated turbos.
Source: http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3482

In short that says MBC equals bad. LOL. Idk man, If I'm coming across the wrong way. Then I'm sorry. I'm just trying to understand why you'd risk the engine for a part that isn't necessary.

Kirt
post #24 of 27 Old 04-12-2011, 03:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

mista jc is an unknown
I second that, there's a guy on my 3rd gen specific forum and he had a brand new 09 with like <15k miles. He threw on a perrin mbc and his motor was toast. Everyone said go with the 3 port ebcs.
post #25 of 27 Old 06-19-2011, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ill probably sell the mbc i have and get a 3port ebc. i got the mbc for dirt cheap so im not sweatn it to much. plus i havent been in boost really since gas prices are sky high. ill get the ebc, 850cc injectors a quality turbo grimm speed air oil seperator and retune. cause i stillll need to get tint and get a wingless/cf trunk and new tires

Keshav (kay-shuv)
post #26 of 27 Old 06-20-2011, 03:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Welcome back Keshav

Kirt
post #27 of 27 Old 06-20-2011, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

lol I know I've been gone for evvvverrr

Keshav (kay-shuv)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement