Invidia Exhaust and Downpipe ??? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 37 Old 08-13-2011, 03:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

bencomodarren is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05STISuby View Post
Ok so I was highly considering buying the Invidia N1 race exhaust for my 05 STI and i was reading there are issues with it mating up with the stock downpipe. So i looked at a few forums and people say the Invidia V2 downpipe had issues mating up and would make the exhaust not fit totally right... does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? are there any adapters for the exhaust and the stock downpipe or what about buying the Invidia V3 dp... help?
for me i would consider buying the invidia N1 rather than the other two invidia that was mentioned on your post!. The reason why? it is because it has a strong solid support, and robot TIG weld for piping, performance mufflers, and tip to improved strength and durability.

kind regards,

Darren
===============================

"always buy genuine exhaust pipe tubings!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 37 Old 01-15-2012, 03:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

scoobywrx8 is an unknown
i am also curious as well with what to get as a turboback exhaust ive heard that puttin after market down pipe will put car in limp mode is this true? even if its catted downpipe?
post #18 of 37 Old 01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobywrx8 View Post
i am also curious as well with what to get as a turboback exhaust ive heard that puttin after market down pipe will put car in limp mode is this true? even if its catted downpipe?
Educate yourself here: Exhaust FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
post #19 of 37 Old 01-15-2012, 03:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

scoobywrx8 is an unknown
i appreciate the link to the forum good info but still never really gives an answer i was planning on buying a perrin downpipe and a cat back from elsewhere but i dont want to have to buy a tuner right now if this downpipe is going to be setting off my cel..... so my question is if the catted downpipes tend to set off cels or not? or should i jus suck it up and buy a tuner on top of everything?
post #20 of 37 Old 01-15-2012, 05:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Well, you can limp a Catted DP around. But, who wants to do that? Just get some EM: either it be a AP or OS. Then get a DP. That way your good to go after you install the DP. All you'd have to do is flash the new map on.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #21 of 37 Old 01-15-2012, 06:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

scoobywrx8 is an unknown
ya i think the plan now is jus get a cobb ap and invidia n1 cat back dp can always come later on but thanks for the advise helps out alot
post #22 of 37 Old 01-15-2012, 11:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
How did the link not answer your question? It says specifically...
Quote:
Do I need engine management with an exhaust? For 02/03 WRX and STI users, no. For 04+ WRX users, it's pretty much a requirement as the open loop/closed loop fueling issue mandated by the EPA causes long term reliability problems with using a downpipe and no tuning. For STI users, the STI was the one exception manufacturers are allowed to have, but it's a wise move regardless as the STI and 06+ WRX users have a good chance of boost creep occuring with exhaust use. Tuning can ease this issue, but the cause/effect/cure of boost creep can be researched via this link.

- Sandra
post #23 of 37 Old 01-15-2012, 11:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

scoobywrx8 is an unknown
look at what i asked though and it doesnt say specifically if u have to with both catted and non catted....... that was my whole question
post #24 of 37 Old 01-15-2012, 11:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Catted, straight pipe, doesn't matter. Would still need some sort of EM if you go with a full TBE. That's why the post doesn't specify aftermarket is aftermarket. Also, if you bolt up an aftermarket cat-back to the stock downpipe, you will most likely need an adapter since the stock system uses a doughnut gasket and aftermarket exhausts use a 3" 2-bolt flange.

- Sandra
post #25 of 37 Old 01-22-2012, 08:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

lightningdan is an unknown
i am a total newbie, and curious if anyone sells a complete exhaust kit, from down pipe back, or do u have to piece everything together? any help is greatly appreciated

danny
post #26 of 37 Old 01-22-2012, 08:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

scoobywrx8 is an unknown
there lots of places nline that sell turboback or even engine back exhausts. look on RallySportDirect.com - Performance Car Parts Online they have some good stuff or jus search for it
post #27 of 37 Old 01-22-2012, 09:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

lightningdan is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobywrx8 View Post
there lots of places nline that sell turboback or even engine back exhausts. look on RallySportDirect.com - Performance Car Parts Online they have some good stuff or jus search for it
Thank you I'm going to check that out right now

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
post #28 of 37 Old 03-24-2012, 01:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxcyan44 is an unknown
U think that invidia n1 will bolt up to an 06 2.5i? Love the look of it

post #29 of 37 Old 03-24-2012, 09:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxcyan44 View Post
U think that invidia n1 will bolt up to an 06 2.5i? Love the look of it

Probably not, my one friend tried to bolt up a WRX cat back on his 07 2.5L Impreza the other day and it was 4" short.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #30 of 37 Old 04-05-2012, 02:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subaru WRX Newb is an unknown
Coming from experience, i went with the Invidia N1 race exhaust. It is a little bit louder, but the sound when down shifting is a straight rumble. Very crisp rumble in my opinion, although some people might consider it a little bit too loud. Which is solved by the fact that this exhaust comes with a silencer. Shortens the bass rumble of the car and transfers the noise into a crisper/less bass sounding exhaust. Although i'm not 100% sure if all companies will include the silencer. But ultimately, in my opinion the exhaust looks good and performs like a strict racing exhaust, hence the name. Might not be for some people, but if you want that subbie racing rumble this exhaust gives you what your looking for. Although it weights a bit more than Invidia's light weight racing n1 exhaust.