Invidia or Cobb - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-03-2009, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Schmidtastic is an unknown
Invidia or Cobb

Invidia catted divorced wastegate downpipe or Cobb catted bellmouth downpipe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Cobb ftw. Perfect fitment, great quality. But what you really need is just a bellmouth DP. Its been explained on here before. But most "divorced wastegates" arent truely divorced, just a plate in the middle of the downpipe which causes problems with fitment sometimes. You need to shave or cut the piece that seperates the gas flow for proper fitment. I believe on Perrins site they actual make mention of it on their DP.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 12 Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
+1 Cobb catted bellmouth dp. That's what I have. Perfect fitment and great quality - you won't be disappointed. The only ways it could be improved are (1) if it didn't have the slight taper at the very end, (2) if it came pre-heatwraped and painted/sealed or ceramic coated, and (3) if it didn't cost so much mula.

Comparing Invidia's bellmouth dp to Cobb's bellmouth dp is like comparing an STi Limited to an STi... they're both great, but one just has a little more class

Good job pointing out the possible fitment issue with divorced wastegate downpipes too Joshua.

John
07 WRX
post #4 of 12 Old 09-04-2009, 01:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Cobb gets my vote.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-04-2009, 01:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
Invidia FTW!!!! Great product and high quality, less bends and not anywhere near the crazy expensive costs of Cobb.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #6 of 12 Old 09-04-2009, 09:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

Marne_Aeok is an unknown
Does invidia make an entire tbe for 02 wrx (non sti). i want to get an exhaust but dont want to have to buy separate components
post #7 of 12 Old 09-04-2009, 10:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
The downpipe and cat back are going to be exactly the same as far as fitment for all 02-07 WRXs and STIs. And yep, Invidia makes several varieties of downpipes (V2 - Bellmouth, V3 - Divorced Wastegate, catted/catless) and cat backs (Titanium Tip, N1, Racing) that all mate up nicely with each other. RallySportDirect is one place that sells a complete Invidia TBE package: RallySportDirect.com - Invidia WRX/STI Turbo Back Exhaust

Honestly though, buying separate exhaust components is not too big of a deal. You might be able to save a couple of bucks buying the same brand downpipe and cat back together from the same place, but I think maybe what's more important is having the best designed downpipe (I claim: simple bellmouth w/ cat for general street use) and your favorite cat back as far as looks and sound (stock appearance, angled can, blue tip, carbon can, blacked out, twin tip, etc.). You can combine almost any brand downpipe with almost any brand cat back without modification (except Turbo XS and APS due to possible pipe length/diameter issues). If you shop around, sometimes you can find some pretty good deals on brand new exhaust components too. Research is key, my friend... you're talking about a several hundred dollar expense in most cases.

John
07 WRX
post #8 of 12 Old 09-04-2009, 11:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Marne_Aeok is an unknown
ty ill start saving up. didnt think they could get so pricey
post #9 of 12 Old 09-04-2009, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Schmidtastic is an unknown
Why do people completely change the topic of the post so they can ask their own? First see if your questin has been answered already then second post your own topic. Dont ask it in someone elses post.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-04-2009, 09:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
if u got the cash flow go for cobb, if not go with an invida. there both quality brands as stated above. just depends on how much u want to spend
post #11 of 12 Old 09-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidtastic View Post
Why do people completely change the topic of the post so they can ask their own? First see if your questin has been answered already then second post your own topic. Dont ask it in someone elses post.
One of the great things about having an open forum is that it gives other people ideas and answers questions people may not have thought about. Personally, I like to see discussion like this on a thread. It also makes it easier for other people trying to find out information when performing a search. The thread is still on topic. We're still talking about the same two exhausts and possible fitments.

Don't take it so personally. We are all here to learn and share. If you really are concerned about it, PM me, and I'll separate the posts into a new thread.

And in an attempt to keep everything on topic, there is also to be no more discussion about this on this thread whether you agree or not. I will just simply delete your post. PM me or another moderator if you have concerns or post it in the site issues & feedback section.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
post #12 of 12 Old 09-06-2009, 03:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
My Cobb was only $300 with 2k miles on it. If you're on a budget, look for a quality used piece.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback