Subaru WRX Forum banner

Intake Search

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  mfarnham 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if this style of intake is available anymore? Or does anyone have one for sale?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Huh? That is not an intake.

That is the stock air box with a perrin after maf hose. Nothing special about that. You can buy that after MAF hose from almost any vendor (i.e. JSC Speed: Performance Parts Warehouse ; Modern Automotive Performance: Your source for turbocharged sport compact performance!). However, it offers almost no performance gain.

Just throw in a clean filter in your stock box and call it a day. Intakes offer almost no performance gain over the stock box, until you upgrade the turbo and need more flow.

#5 ·
Well I feel stupid. I had no idea that was stock. I bought my car with a CAI already installed so I had never seen one of those before. Thanks for your knowledge guys. I am looking into intakes because I have to get something before winter hits. I can't run my CAI in New England without the risk of hydro-locking my engine.:notgood:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.