Subaru WRX Forum banner

Injen Intake

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  fc735 
#1 ·
Anyone running one of these yet ?

#4 ·
You would stay away, because it doesnt add much HP unless you are over 350+. In addition, the distance between the filter and MAS is so great that sometimes a CEL is thrown due to a bad reading. Lastly, if it rains, you will sucking water into the engine, which is bad obviously.

#7 ·
Lean runs could make the engine work a little harder . I meet a guy the other day that has a STI amd is running this set up on his car . He hasn't had any problems with this intake and couldnt talk enough about it . It seems all over the wrx forums that there is a bunch of mixed opinions on inatke vs factory set up . This car is not my daily driver and is more for fun than anything else . Still a lean condition is something to stay away from . I think I may stop by one of the local dyno shops and see what a hour on the dyno will cost . Thanks again !

#9 ·
the injen and AEM are the two that DONT cause that much of a lean change.

the reason that the car runs lean, is that the intake piping is larger in diameter, and it throws off the calibration of the MAF. if you hvae a form of engine management, then you are fine. however, on a stock car, an intake wont make any more power then the resonecotmy would...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.