Injectors question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-01-2007, 03:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

slipknot9mt is an unknown
Injectors question

Okay so I was reading up on the "wrx mod-guide" just trying to get some more knowledge and whatnot. In there it said that injectors should be one of the first things you upgrade. Is this true? and it also said that you might as well upgrade to a 255 fuel pump as well. Is this something that I could do on a stock 07wrx? If so, am i going to see any performance out of it and is this going to require a tune or is this something that I can be done without any EM? Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-01-2007, 04:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

ArmyWRX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ArmyWRX Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyWRX
No, its not the route to take. Get a tbe some kind of intake cai short ram on go on fastwrx.com and do a silencer delete and stage two from XPT with a Tactrix cable you will see a lot of power
#3 Old 07-02-2007, 08:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
The injectors and fuel pump come later on in the mod list. Start out with a turboback exhaust and some form of engine management. I know the '06WRX has high flowing injectors as compare to the previous WRXs. They flow about 550cc, but I am not sure if the '07s are the same.
#4 Old 07-02-2007, 11:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

metroscub is more helpful than not
they are 565cc and the 07's shoulc have them as well. the 225 fuel pump is a good idea, just to support mods further down the road though(bigger turbo, fmic or large tmic). I have a walbro 255 fuelpump, and 820 cc injectors, neither are installed yet though, I am waiting to get my turbo before I put them on, so that was sort of a mistake(getting the parts too soon since they are sitting in a box in my garage). But for starters, definitely go with a tbe exhaust,( i have megan), and engine management.....I use tactrix and a modified xpt map(remotely tuned by a protuner). But, if you are in an area witha tuner, then I would suggest getting whatever system they use(tactrix(opensource), or cobb ap most likely), and have them protune your car, not only iwll it run great, you can then post you dyno sheets and brag to all of us that use that use opensource about the gains you have made with you ride. just my .o2

Matthew
Wow, it can turn well too?