I want to make some more HP!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-24-2007, 08:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

stinkypinky2 is an unknown
I want to make some more HP!!!

Ok so I am new to this site and I'm new to this kind of tuning, I have worked on car almost all my life but never really got into this kind of serious tuning until a few years ago. Ok this is what I have 2006 wrx wagon. DC sport Exhaust, From the header back and the cobbs tuner running the stage 2 map until I get it tuned by a pro. Ok now to my question what else should I get? I really don't want to make it into a race car or go to the track every Friday night but I want the power so when I need it ill have it. I'm just looking for like 350 whp or something close to it so my wagon can spank the new mustangs
Well thank for anyone that helps!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-24-2007, 08:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jave is more helpful than not
bigger turbo(with supporting mods), bigger IC, injectors, meth injection and tune should get you close.

▼SbiΣ Mi▼
#3 Old 07-24-2007, 09:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

vrynsty06 is an unknown
yo i hear ya. i got a aps wrx sti SR56 ball bearing turbo kit. take care of most cars i run into he he. haven't raced a new crustang yet how are they... i hurd they move?? blew a couple of things with my setup but that's the price you pay to play
#4 Old 07-24-2007, 10:13 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I don't like APS turbos personally, but each to their own.

I'd call up deadbolt and order a TDO5-18G p&p'd with some 650cc injectors, a fuel pump, and the biggest damn TMIC you can find (probably TXS or APS)

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#5 Old 07-24-2007, 10:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I agree with mosc.

With that being said, a meth/water injection kit will give you even more gains, and with a higher level of safely. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link, but aquamist is having a group buy on their hfs-1 water injection kit. They give you the option of upgrading to the hfs-5, which is one of the best kits out there.
#6 Old 07-25-2007, 12:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

Z/WRX is an unknown
You should already be able to take on the new mustangs with stage 2. Stock for stock they are about the same as the WRX (high 13's). I took a convertable one in my 06 with only spt exhuast by about 1.5 cars. Like the the others said: bigger turbo, bigger IC, more fuel

77 280z, 84 300zx, 06 WRX TR
#7 Old 07-25-2007, 08:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

stinkypinky2 is an unknown
what about this turbo Forced Performance WRX / STi 16G Turbo? i was reading it and it said its a water cooled turbo would that work on my car? and it has a options to change the compression wheel to make it a 18 g what does that do ?
#8 Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Black Night is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Black Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
I don't like APS turbos personally, but each to their own.

I'd call up deadbolt and order a TDO5-18G p&p'd with some 650cc injectors, a fuel pump, and the biggest damn TMIC you can find (probably TXS or APS)

i agree with mosc, since you have the 2.5 motor you'll have no problem spooling an 18G, or even a 20G if ya wanna get crazy...the new gt's are fast cars, and who leaves a gt stock? your gonna needmore than stage two and quick feet
#9 Old 07-25-2007, 10:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

605wrx is an unknown
+1 for the 18g or 20g, specially since you have the 2.5, that should take care of most lightly moded evos, mustangs and gtos(i have a 16g and beat a gto pretty bad at the track on friday as well as an evo with full exhaust, intake and a reflash)
#10 Old 07-25-2007, 10:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

nicolas316 is an unknown
when you guys say bigger turbo, ic and injectors, is that safe and can run on stock pistons or we need to change stuff in the engine too??
#11 Old 07-25-2007, 12:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Black Night is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Black Night
when we say upgrade the turbo we are not suggesting something as dramatic as a rotated mount GT40R turbo kit, which is capable of well over 500 HP...the 16G and the 18G in my opinion are street turbos that will give you the power to take most cars at the track, however not compramise driveability so in turn, your internals...cams, pistons, etc will not be harmed unless you consistently beat the piss out of your car
#12 Old 07-25-2007, 01:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

metroscub is more helpful than not
also, as far as turbos go, you need to decide what application you are using your mchine for, for instance, for autoX, you would want a turbo for low end grunt that a has a relatively quick spool up time, like myself, I choose TD05 18G, but on the other hand, if your are dragging the car, then maybe a TD06 20G. I am a big fan of mitsubishi turbos, which is why I keep referring to the G series of turbos. My sugestion to you or anyone else though(hopefully Mosc will agree with me) is to decide from the VERY beginning waht you are trying to do with your car then upgrade the shit from there. If you just start throwing benign parts on your car, sure you will add SOME power, but it might not be where you want it to be and a lot of money would have been spent is search of more horsepower, but in HP that is not usable in your desired application.
just my .o2

Matthew
Wow, it can turn well too?
#13 Old 07-25-2007, 07:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

nicolas316 is an unknown
i get what you mean, i want my car to have enough power to enjoy these mountain roads which have lots of turns and where you stay most of the time between 2nd and 3rd gear. (( what do you mean by autoX??)) thanks alot guys
#14 Old 07-25-2007, 07:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

vagrantidol is an unknown
autoX (autocross) is a sanctioned race usually set up in a parking lot with a coned off course then there are time trials to see whose the fastest. You will rarely leave 2nd gear and suspension set-up is very important for good times in this type of racing.