i have boost creep.... - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 Old 01-04-2009, 11:35 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
srninjastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 338
srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
so even with a catted dp with a divorced waste gate wont help in minimizing boost creep?
srninjastar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 29 Old 01-05-2009, 03:44 AM
Moderator
 
newtothegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,493
Images: 4
newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I had the boost spike a while back catted bellmouth DP with EM. It happens sometimes. Just dont "let" it happen too much.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
newtothegame is offline  
post #18 of 29 Old 01-05-2009, 10:28 AM
WRXpert
 
dumdum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,800
Images: 12
dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by srninjastar View Post
so even with a catted dp with a divorced waste gate wont help in minimizing boost creep?
It should.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
dumdum is offline  
post #19 of 29 Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
srninjastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 338
srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
well i live in Houston and it never really gets that cold down here so boost creep wouldnt happen as often say if i lived up north cause of the colder climate right?
srninjastar is offline  
post #20 of 29 Old 01-05-2009, 05:19 PM
WRXpert
 
dumdum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,800
Images: 12
dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by srninjastar View Post
well i live in Houston and it never really gets that cold down here so boost creep wouldnt happen as often say if i lived up north cause of the colder climate right?
i have boost creep....
Everything you need to know about boost creep - NASIOC
No offense,but your just asking questions that have pretty much been answered in this thread already........

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
dumdum is offline  
post #21 of 29 Old 01-05-2009, 10:48 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
srninjastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 338
srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
i apologize for being a dummy and not reading
srninjastar is offline  
post #22 of 29 Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
WazzuWRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 12
WazzuWRX is an unknown
So I'm throwing the same code (PO244), after I get on it real hard. CEL says its Wastegate Solenoid A. I just had a catless downpipe put on, and flashed it to stage two. From what I've read I need to manually open the wastegate a lil... but how the hell do I do that?
WazzuWRX is offline  
post #23 of 29 Old 04-09-2009, 11:37 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
jed344's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 147
Images: 3
jed344 is an unknown
when it was 32deg and below i had boost creap it is now 50deg and have none. I have catless tbe by the way so weather does effect it alot
jed344 is offline  
post #24 of 29 Old 04-10-2009, 04:41 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 23
habitatxskat is an unknown
you aren't protuned correct? if you aren't then the sri is your culprit. i have a full catless turboback (custom made) and i'm running the stage 2 accessport mapi had the aps sri installed and it maintains the stock diameter where the MAF is. i was boost spiking 20.6 psi and threw the wastegate high/over performance code or something like that.. and the flashing cruise light means there is an issue w/ the fuel pump if i remember correctly. i would fuel cut when i hit that much boost and it scared the hell out of me the first time. i talked to my buddy who knows his shit, it was actually his exhaust i installed.. anyways, put your stock airbox back on, reset your ecu, reflash, you should be good. be sure to post results.
habitatxskat is offline  
post #25 of 29 Old 04-10-2009, 04:48 PM
WRXpert
 
dumdum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,800
Images: 12
dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitatxskat View Post
you aren't protuned correct? if you aren't then the sri is your culprit. i have a full catless turboback (custom made) and i'm running the stage 2 accessport mapi had the aps sri installed and it maintains the stock diameter where the MAF is. i was boost spiking 20.6 psi and threw the wastegate high/over performance code or something like that.. and the flashing cruise light means there is an issue w/ the fuel pump if i remember correctly. i would fuel cut when i hit that much boost and it scared the hell out of me the first time. i talked to my buddy who knows his shit, it was actually his exhaust i installed.. anyways, put your stock airbox back on, reset your ecu, reflash, you should be good. be sure to post results.
Jebus..........you have no idea what in god's green earth you are even talking about.An air intake has nothing to do with boost creep and a flashing cruise light just means you have a CEL in the 32 bit ECU's.Gotta love newbies.........

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
dumdum is offline  
post #26 of 29 Old 04-10-2009, 04:55 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 23
habitatxskat is an unknown
i'm telling you my experience with the short ram, i put the stock back on and i'm not having issues. so it magically vanished?

oh and that is not true about the flashing cruise light because i was throwing a code before that and i didn't get a flashing cruise light.
habitatxskat is offline  
post #27 of 29 Old 04-11-2009, 10:02 AM
WRXpert
 
dumdum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,800
Images: 12
dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitatxskat View Post
i'm telling you my experience with the short ram, i put the stock back on and i'm not having issues. so it magically vanished?

oh and that is not true about the flashing cruise light because i was throwing a code before that and i didn't get a flashing cruise light.
It flashes to bring your attention to the CEL.Mostly missfires or a knock event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitatxskat
i was boost spiking 20.6 psi and threw the wastegate high/over performance code or something like that..
This thread is about "boost creep" not "boost spike".That is why I said you have no idea what your talking about because you can't even follow the context of the thread.All your going to do is confuse people into thinking that by going back to stock intake it will cure their boost creep issue when it won't.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
dumdum is offline  
post #28 of 29 Old 04-11-2009, 10:52 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 65
Exarch is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuWRX View Post
So I'm throwing the same code (PO244), after I get on it real hard. CEL says its Wastegate Solenoid A. I just had a catless downpipe put on, and flashed it to stage two. From what I've read I need to manually open the wastegate a lil... but how the hell do I do that?
Hunt around for adjustments for your particular turbo, the TD04-13T, commonly just referred to as the TD04.

The shop manual for the car will have some adjustment guidelines, as each one is set just a little differently from the factory to account for differences in the TD actuator's springs.

I popped a search for you on NASIOC and it turned up this for your reading pleasure.

Search string was "td04 wastegate adjustment" without the quotes and it turned up a large number of threads.
Exarch is offline  
post #29 of 29 Old 04-12-2009, 12:33 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
WazzuWRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 12
WazzuWRX is an unknown
Thanks Exarch. I think I need to loosen it about 1 1/2 turns then I wont see the boost creep. Hopefully this works. I'll post my results.
WazzuWRX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome