How much would i get for my car??? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-31-2010, 05:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

k_rhayes is an unknown
How much would i get for my car???

I have a 06 WRX Limited with 38k miles on it. The car is in very good condition with no major defects. Only body damage is the few door dings.

KBB has valued my car at 17k trade in and 19k for a personal sale. I am wondering how close this is to what i would actually get for my car.

I am gonna offer 2 prices, one stock price and prob 2k more for all the mods on it at stage 2.

I was thinking of trying to go to carmax and see if they will give me 17k, unless there is a general senses that i could get 19k by selling it by myself.

Does anyone think that this is possible???

Thank you for any input. And just to let you know that i am very sad and crying inside that i have to get rid of my wrx !Cry!

Need More Power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-31-2010, 09:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Why do you have to get rid of it? Mods don't mean its worth more money. It scares people off sometimes.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#3 Old 03-31-2010, 10:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

k_rhayes is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Why do you have to get rid of it? Mods don't mean its worth more money. It scares people off sometimes.
Due to recent financial issues with 2009 taxes and owing a major amount of money plus having a family with 2 kids, we have to lower our monthly bills.

Getting rid of the wrx will save us $700 a month plus if i get 17k for the car i will net 7k of that once i pay off the loan. Which will pay most of our tax debt!!!

Plus, honestly do i really need this car??? well i dont race at all, stage 2 gets me horrible gas mileage, and i cant fit 2 car seats in the back........so the savings are attractive for sure.

Need More Power
#4 Old 03-31-2010, 11:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
Dang you should be getting at least 23-25 mpg, They are correct about getting really anymore for blue book just cause you have mods, I sold my WRX for blue book and i had about 8 grand in that car and a hybrid build, I had to get rid of it cause i left for the Navy though, I'm sure you wont have a problem selling it though. Let us know how you pan out.

2003 WRX Hybrid build,

Brian
#5 Old 04-01-2010, 06:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yeah, I'm getting low to mid 20s mpg and I have an 07 Stage 2 WRX with the same 2.5 L motor that you have... it amazes me when people complain about horrible gas mileage on a Stage 2 car. You guys must have lead in your shoes

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)