HiFlow Exhaust Manifold Crosspipe? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-12-2007, 08:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
HiFlow Exhaust Manifold Crosspipe?

Everybody keeps talking about downpipes and uppipes and equal length headers, but I haven't heard much about hiflow exhaust manifold crosspipes. I stumbled across this website (http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=106) and it looks like a pretty good piece of equipment to upgrade to. Anybody have any experience with one of these and at what point in the modding process should I start to think about this (if at all)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
An alternate option to getting a header is to port and polish the stock exhaust manifolds and replace the stock crossover with a high flow crossover. It shows good gains, costs less, and you don't lose the low end torque as much as with a header.

Grimmspeed is an awesome vendor. I had them do a P&P set of manifolds for me.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#3 Old 12-12-2007, 09:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

wiked06rex is an unknown
Stock Manifold-Ported/Polished is better than stock cause it smoothes the air flow.

I may get flamed for this, but how many stock turbos hit 290+hp.EL Header's
with the right supporting mods are definitly the way to go.

They equal the exhaust pulses (which is better for fuel consumption,and hp) generaly they have larger exhaust tubing, and the collector is also larger.
You could loose some mid range but you can tune around that!!!
#4 Old 12-13-2007, 07:44 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Both Injen and BPM make highflow crossover pipes.I have actually cut the stock on open to show the restriction in the bellows
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2&postcount=25

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!