Subaru WRX Forum banner

HID bulb type for '06 WRX???

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  man show 
#1 ·
what is it? im getting the WRX tomorrow and would like to order my HID kit tomorrow as well. I just need to know what bulb is used in our cars. Is it a D2R? I think thats what i read somewhere but i want to make sure!

#2 ·
Your car actually uses H7s for the low beams. D2S would be the bulb used in the factory HIDs for STis. As you're converting from halogen to HID, that will be what you want. Good luck. You'll also want a 3/4" spade bit to cut the whole in the plastic cover on the back of the light. Just make sure the whole is big enough to pass the connector through. Good luck! Let us know if you run into any questions! Also, for any bulb replacement questions, refer to:

Sylvania Lamp Replacement Guide

#4 ·
You guys got it pretty much covered.

Lately, I've been seeing a bit of moisture inside both of my headlight assemblies. I have a pretty good feeling it's seeping in through the black rubber plugs that seal the holes I had to drill in the back of the plastic caps that cover the low beam access holes for the HID wires to pass through. They're visibly not sealing completely tight against the plastic like they did when they were brand new, so I have a feeling that's the culprit. I already took one light apart, added a generous amount of silicon around the entire perimiter of the light when I put it back together as well as completely sealing that rubber plug with more silicon - no more moisture in that light. Now I just have to completely seal the other one and I'll be back in business. Anyway, just something to think about...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.