HELP Please.. Exhaust ?'s - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-14-2006, 12:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

05SubiSti is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 05SubiSti
ok thnx 4 the input... tough decsion... i like the way the 3.5'' looks but the 3'' would probably be better for the car.. i dont no lol.. thanks 4 all the help though. by the way i was lookin at you car... hows the RFL sound i almost bought one today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-14-2006, 12:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Sounds great. The name describes it well real f**king loud! I just noticed where you were from, if you ever decide to go with any of the aps parts theres a shop rite by you in naperville called GENESIS RACING DEVELOPMENT. Ask for Irshad, he will probably hook you up with a deal.
#18 Old 09-14-2006, 12:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

05SubiSti is an unknown
lol funny story... before i got my STi i had a G35 and i got like dvds n shit from them.... but yeah i traded for the STi bc the G was so garbage in rain and snow so yeah.. love the STi thanks for all the input ill probably swing by there sometime this week!
#19 Old 09-14-2006, 07:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

Speedogomer is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Speedogomer
+1 for the Cobb Accessport.

Go to www.cobbtuning.com to check it out.

Basically you plug it into your OBD-II port below your steering wheel, and it acts as an ECU reflasher.... On an unmodded car you can load what is called their "stage I" map, which adds a pretty significant amount of power. Once you add a turboback exhaust you can load their "stage II" map which will turn your STi into a whole new kind of animal. It is DEFINATELY worth the money, and many users on this site have one (including myself).

The 3.5" isn't really nessicary unless your're going to be ungrading the turbo, the 3" will suit you fine. The APS is very loud, but is good quality. It's not something I'd put on my car, as there is other, cheaper options that are as good.

Get the Cobb AP, a TBE, and you find it hard to stop smiling when you're driving.

-Justin, aka Gomer
(sold)-05 WRX
(new)-04 Cadillac CTS-V
#20 Old 09-14-2006, 10:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxroy is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to wrxroy
+1 For the A.P. I would advise some engine management to go along with your TBE. If not, there is a good chance you will throw a check engine light (cel). The A.P> will make your computer not turn on the cel due to the "Cat-inefficiency". That happens when you take out that catalytic converter (cats) in the d.p. If you're gonna go APS, you would be just fine with the 3.5, but I would recommend the 3". Especially if you aren't going to get E.M. right away.

Last edited by wrxroy; 09-14-2006 at 02:54 PM.
#21 Old 09-14-2006, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
You can always get a cel fix if you are going to go cat less and don't have the $$$ for engine management right now. I have a mechanical cel fix on mine and it works great.
#22 Old 09-14-2006, 02:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxroy is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to wrxroy
The 02 Spacer worked for me. Also Perrin has a cel fix, and ScoobyTuner has a MIL eliminator that might work too.
#23 Old 09-14-2006, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

05SubiSti is an unknown
yeahg i been talkin around and i think i will go with the 3.5'' lots of ppl told me id b alright so yeah.. hopefully itll all work out... well see though i want to continue to look at different ones.
#24 Old 09-20-2006, 04:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

Flat 4 is an unknown
Won't boost creep/spike become an issue without a catted down pipe?
#25 Old 09-20-2006, 09:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
The spike can be tuned for (to a certain extent). I spike 3-4 psi on a hard downshift, but I have it set up to where I don't knock because of it. But, as for the OP's question, you don't need an exhaust that big. I wouldn't do it unless you're out flowing it. A nice 3" will do you fine. Hell, with the stock turbo, I've often thought about having a custom 2.5" exhaust made. This would help with my boost issues alot.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)