Help Me Beat The Bad Guys Please! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-03-2007, 09:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

mamundo is an unknown
Help Me Beat The Bad Guys Please!

Hello friends! Really needing an advice on a pretty talked about subject (Sorry! and please do not post Research!) Ok, here it goes, I plan on using my daily driving 06 WRX on drag racing. I'm pretty much the only one in my country racing with a Subaru, hell, I'm the only one who owns a WRX! No one believes in me, but I'm planning a big surprise for them with your help, bunch of guys here run with a few modded 350z, evos, srt-4, crxs, volvos, rx-7 and 8s, silvias, and gtos; all of them running about 400-500 hps.

I really want to beat them; and to do that I plan on putting:
- 8 cm FP Green or Red with External Tial 44 mm wastegate (leaning towards the red if it is ok to leave the internals stock)
- APS DR725 FMIC (Just love the sleeper look on the black coloured)
http://www.fastwrx.com/apsdr725frmo.html
-APS High Flow Intake System ('cause it goes with the IC)
http://www.fastwrx.com/apscoairinsy.html
-APS 3" Inlet
http://www.fastwrx.com/apstuinpi.html
- Version 6 STI RA Gearsets- Cryo Treated (Hope they hold the power, if not, guess PPG will do)
http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subtrn.htm

I already have:
- TurboXS Delta Engine Management
- 255 Walbro Fuel Pump
- 800 cc Injectors
- 4" TurboXS Downpipe, 3" TurboXS Catless Exhaust
- E-Boost 2 Boost Controller
- AEM Cold Air Intake (Which I removed yesterday)
- AEM Wideband Gauge
- Bunch of defi gauges (EGT, Oil P., Oil Temp, Water Temp, Boost, Fuel P)
- SMC Water/Alcohol Injection Kit

Tell me what do you think of the list, and help me decide on the turbo remaining on the bolt-on list please; I'm aiming as much hp as possible and lowering the 1/4 mile track times. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-03-2007, 10:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
i think u can hang with or beat some of them with the fp green with the 3in inlet, i don't think u will need the red. it looks like u already have everything else that u might possibly need. maybe fuel rails, but that's just an insurance policy, u won't really need them. i think the key for u to be able to beat them is good traction and alot of time on the dyno, your tuning is what's going to put u on top.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#3 Old 07-04-2007, 11:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
For the gears go to andrewtechperformance.com. Gruppe-s just sells the gears(by themselves) and andrew they will install them in your tranny case. Certain mods need to be done to the tranny case for these gears

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
#4 Old 07-04-2007, 05:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

mamundo is an unknown
Thanks; that's what I was hoping to hear. As to the fuel rails, we'll look into it, thanks for the tranny advice also, but the thing is I live in a distant country and just to send the tranny to andrew would cost me as much as a brand new ppg tranny and I currently don't have that kind of money. What kind of mods to the tranny case are we talking about?
#5 Old 07-05-2007, 10:13 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
you're going to need PPGs to drag race the thing regularly. The RAs are not designed to handle that kind of power

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#6 Old 07-05-2007, 10:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

BOO$TIN$UBY is an unknown
Yes, Mosc is correct on the RA's. If you were only shooting for 280 - 330 whp then the RA's would do the trick.. I saw a video of an 18G 2.0l WRX hanging with a stock GTO so that may be all you need. Can't do 6k launches on them though If you really want to turn the boost up though I'd recommend to just do it right the first time and get the good stuff The PPG's should do everything you want them to do. Also, I hear the Green is a nice turbo but my heart is set on a GT30R or a GT35R. 21 psi on a crawford block will put about 450 to the wheels with the 35R on pump gas I think the 30R may be better for street low end though... If you're mainly using it for drag the 35R would own in the top end...

Craig, Pilot of a 2002 WRX 5MT, aka "Wookie" :P
#7 Old 07-05-2007, 12:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamundo View Post
Thanks; that's what I was hoping to hear. As to the fuel rails, we'll look into it, thanks for the tranny advice also, but the thing is I live in a distant country and just to send the tranny to andrew would cost me as much as a brand new ppg tranny and I currently don't have that kind of money. What kind of mods to the tranny case are we talking about?
If I told you that I would have to kill you No I'm not sure but I've heard from people who have went to them that this needs to be done. Here is their web site check it out and give them a call

http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/html/wrxinformation.htm

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
#8 Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

mamundo is an unknown
Oh well, guess I will have to do the PPG's, I'll be putting away in my garage the other things and wait for the tranny; thanks guys. As to the Turbo, is there any gt35r bolt-on? I haven't seen any. Or could I just buy the turbo and adapt everything else or is it too much complicated? What about the APS SR56? Advice me on the best turbo I could go for please, but would appreciate if you consider cost and installation difficulty.
#9 Old 07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

PowerHouse is an unknown
i'd strongly suggest you build your motor if you are planning on going beyond an fp green.
and i don't think the green will accomplish the majority of your goals considering the guys you're going up against are pushing 400-500hp. imo, you should go with gt30r, 35r or fpred. building the motor would be a really good idea. ppgs would also be a great idea.

afterall that's said and done the axels are probably gonna need some work, as well as the center and rear differentials.

Psychologist Extraordinaire
#10 Old 07-05-2007, 04:00 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Can I suggest picking up a "Beater" as your going to break a LOT of stuff at that level believe me.. I'm setup for the power that you want and it's down more then it's up and running and yes I build it right.. Build your Block.. In honesty you only need a good set of pistons as STI pistons can Break above 21 PSI.. No one wants a busted piston.. PPG gears IS the only way to go.. A full Dog coupled with flat foot shifting can save you almost a second in the quater as you maintain boost through gear changes.. I would vote for a GT35R with worked over heads.. I hit 425whp with a TMIC.. With my front mount Phil from Element Tuning told me 575 was his goal for his tuning, which I sadly didn't make it to.. I crack my STI short block.. Check out my profile you will see what your looking for.. There is a Bolt on GT35R setup but a rotated is much better for exhaust flow.. Also a 44mm wg is a bit big, a 38mm will flow what you need and operate faster..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."