Help deciding which route to go - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
I see a lot of broken Grimmspeed up-pipes. The failure is always at the flex section. They are decent with warranty coverage from the looks of it, it's just a hassle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 02-23-2013, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I have heard of some of the old 2 bolt flange ones breaking where the wastegate meete the uppipe but havent heard of any flexpipe issues yet. I also have heard they are great about warranty and customer service.
post #18 of 24 Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Why do you feel the need for an up?

thought you were thinking TMIC and such?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #19 of 24 Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Because of my ongoing boost spike issues since I have went stage 2. I think this will hold boost rock solid. I was up in the air between it and vf43/sti tmic but decided to go ewg. Turbo/intercooler upgrade will be next when money permits.
post #20 of 24 Old 02-24-2013, 09:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo-key bear View Post
Dont you have the same ewg John? How do you like it if so? Is fitment really tight? I dont want it getting hot and damaging anything like a axle booot. Ive heard of some melting them but, havent heard anything bad about the grimmspeed yet.
Yep, I also have a TiAL 38 mm ewg connected to IAG's up pipe and mine's vented to atmosphere too - I love it! It's completely obnoxious when I want it to be, but with good foot control, I can fly under the radar too. Fitment is a bit tight, but it works - plenty of clearance in all directions. The only "damage" I've seen so far is a little bit of black exhaust buildup on the underside of my downpipe from where it exits the open dump tube. I think the rubber boots are a safe distance away, but I'll take another look when I change my oil again.

John
07 WRX
post #21 of 24 Old 02-24-2013, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
John, I may have to pick your brain on how to plumb the wastegate with the 3 port ebcs when I'm ready to install.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #22 of 24 Old 02-24-2013, 11:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Honestly, I didn't install either one - that was part of the dirty work that IAG did for me

John
07 WRX
post #23 of 24 Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Nevermind, I found instructions on grimmspeeds website.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #24 of 24 Old 02-24-2013, 10:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nice, I'm sure it's not terribly difficult - I just had my car in for other work at the time

John
07 WRX