helix or Invidia - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 54 Old 09-28-2007, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

07subie is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusPrime View Post
07 Subie just got my Eibach Sportline Springs installed.. My Cobb AP came in today, and hopefully Flashing to Stage 1 tomorrow.. I'll let you know how it goes.. Let me know how DP works so I know which one to get! Thanks!
where are you getting your stuff from? ill let you know how it goes on saturday! I have my dp in my room for the last couple day can wait to get my ap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 54 Old 09-28-2007, 01:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

RodimusPrime is an unknown
I bought the springs from Tire Rack.. They had a good price on them.. The AP I purcahsed from PerrinPerformance.com. They were only ones that had it in stock.. it was the same price as everyone else, and they didnt charge me a arm and a leg for shipping.. Everywhere else said they were out of stock, and I didnt feel like waiting. Got here in 2 days...I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow..Also who is installing your DP??
post #18 of 54 Old 09-28-2007, 04:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

THR3E11EVEN is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to THR3E11EVEN
hopefully himself...it's eaassy. Unless you have no tools...I wouldn't pay anyone to do it. plus you could but the tools you need for like ~$10 which like ~ 8 times less than a shop DP install.

Dub-R-X
post #19 of 54 Old 09-28-2007, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hey guys I Flashed to Stage 1 today with the COBB AP, and boy does that feeeel good!!! I want the DP now!! LOL!! One question I do have is, When switching between maps do you need to always put the car in Test Mode? Or can you just plug it in and switch? Thanks guys!
post #20 of 54 Old 09-28-2007, 06:11 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Download the AP manual it explains it there. You can do on the fly switching but I dont think it is as effective. I have never tried with my AP.
post #21 of 54 Old 09-28-2007, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

07subie is an unknown
Quote:
I bought the springs from Tire Rack.. They had a good price on them.. The AP I purcahsed from PerrinPerformance.com. They were only ones that had it in stock.. it was the same price as everyone else, and they didnt charge me a arm and a leg for shipping.. Everywhere else said they were out of stock, and I didnt feel like waiting. Got here in 2 days...I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow..Also who is installing your DP??

I get all my stuff from Project Import in Orange. their cool ass shit. They know their stuff. You should go start getting your upgrades from them.
post #22 of 54 Old 09-28-2007, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

07subie is an unknown
Quote:
Hey guys I Flashed to Stage 1 today with the COBB AP, and boy does that feeeel good!!! I want the DP now!! LOL!! One question I do have is, When switching between maps do you need to always put the car in Test Mode? Or can you just plug it in and switch? Thanks guys!

I'm going straight to stage 2 cant feel the differece from stockish to stage one I'll let you know how stage 2 feels tomorrow moring.
post #23 of 54 Old 09-28-2007, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

07subie is an unknown
I was also wondering if i can still use my stock turbo heat shield or do I have to buy new one, if so which one is the best that will clear my invidia dp? thinking about STP.
post #24 of 54 Old 09-29-2007, 12:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

I've never been to Project Import before. We should take a cruise down there. Are there prices good?? Also are you putting your DP in yourself? Or is Project Import.. Hope everthing goes well with Stage 2. Let me know if you have any issues with installation, boost creep, etc. Im still looking for good prices on the DP..
post #25 of 54 Old 09-29-2007, 12:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxroberts is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normanisnuts View Post
Not to rain on your parade but I read in motor trend that a Stock STi runs 1/4 at 13.3 at 101.3... but nice time!
i had a pretty bad r/t and it was my 4th day with the car, im still learning the 6 speed(i came from a wrx) i was still pretty impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05fpgreensti View Post
i run a cattless invidia v2 and had no problem putting it on. Wrxrobert what track did you runat. I ran my sti at capital raceway a while back with tbe and short ram. 12.8 @ 105. That was woth a 1.7 60'. Npw it is sitting at my house with an fpgreen, fmic, inj, pump etc... Waiting for a tune
i ran at mason dixon, also getting tuned at ams in about 2-3 weeks, where do you go for tuning?
post #26 of 54 Old 09-29-2007, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

07subie is an unknown
Quote:
I've never been to Project Import before. We should take a cruise down there. Are there prices good?? Also are you putting your DP in yourself? Or is Project Import.. Hope everthing goes well with Stage 2. Let me know if you have any issues with installation, boost creep, etc. Im still looking for good prices on the DP..

WOW! THAT ALL I CAN SAY! Stg2 is awesome. You can really feel the power increase. boosting 16 psi! Project Import came through again. They installed my downpipe and help me flash my car and they even took out for me ( with me in the car) to make sure their were no problems and I was getting the right boost . The pick up is bad ass, just sucks you back in your seat. very happy. wish my exhaust was just little louder but it's only loud when you get on it. well living in cali I guess should be fine cause you dont want to much attention from the pigs! As for project imports prices are right. I got my invidia catted dp for 530 taxs and eveything( my grilfriend bought for me for my b-day) and I bought the cobb ap2 for 733.00 taxs and eveything. overall very vey happy with my upgrades!
post #27 of 54 Old 09-30-2007, 02:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Dude that sounds awesome!! Did Project Import charge you for the install? Or did they do it for free since you bought the DP from them? Let me know, I'll purchase the DP from them also!! Thanks again, we gotta meet up!
post #28 of 54 Old 09-30-2007, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

07subie is an unknown
No They Charge 80 Bucks. Which All Right. I
post #29 of 54 Old 10-01-2007, 06:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks for the heads up...They moved to a new place off of Baatavia today.. Went down there today and ordered the same DP as you did! I cant wait.. Thanks for the recommendation.. Hopefully they get it tomorrow.. Kevin's a cool guy, he's the one that helped me out.. I'll let you know how it goes..
post #30 of 54 Old 10-01-2007, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

07subie is an unknown
Yeah thier all cool. dude yesterday some chick hit me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement