Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Tech (EJ255/EJ257 2.5L '04-07 STi and '06-07 WRX) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f75/)
-   -   Headlight Adjustments on an 06 ? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f75/headlight-adjustments-06-a-21779/)

Phazewun 01-13-2008 12:01 AM

Headlight Adjustments on an 06 ?

hey guys this is prob a stupid question and im just totally over looking the bolt for this but.....

Today i installed a xenon 6k HID kit, the color and everything is great, but the actual light is a lil low and i cant see to far infront of me. I would like to raise both sides up about an inch or 2, but the only prob is i CANT FIND THE F****** screw for it, and information that could help i would really appreciate it.

thanks

blackasblack 01-14-2008 02:05 PM

[QUOTE=Phazewun;182898]hey guys this is prob a stupid question and im just totally over looking the bolt for this but.....

Today i installed a xenon 6k HID kit, the color and everything is great, but the actual light is a lil low and i cant see to far infront of me. I would like to raise both sides up about an inch or 2, but the only prob is i CANT FIND THE F****** screw for it, and information that could help i would really appreciate it.

thanks[/QUOTE]

come to the White lotus meet (Nasioc - scic thread) on wednesday at 9pm and I'll do it for you it's pretty simple just hard to explain. all you need is a philips head screw driver.

Phazewun 01-14-2008 04:20 PM

Whats this meeting thing all about ? kinda interested now

but i got my HID adjusted it all looks great.

kh15 01-15-2008 10:10 PM

well how do you go about adjusting it? i would like to know as well

blackasblack 01-16-2008 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=kh15;183198]well how do you go about adjusting it? i would like to know as well[/QUOTE]

there's a hole towards the top left of the light fixture, (if you're looking at the driver's side head light fixture), that has a gear inside and basically you put the head of the screw driver into the hole until it is perpendicular with the gear and start turning clockwise to raise the level of the light or counter clockwise to lower the level of the light.

sorry no pics of this.

Okeyd57 01-16-2008 12:22 PM

It's a white plastic nut (8mm) in the middle of the backside of the headlight. To me, it's easier to do it with an 8mm box wrench than a screwdriver because it's got to be a very short screwdriver due to little space to work.

First, you set the adjustment wheel to "0". Then park your car 10ft. from a wall. Make sure your gas tank is full, and someone is sitting in the drivers seat. Then you can adjust your beams up ! Right out of the service manual. Good Luck. Okey

I'm assuming you have the leveling wheel inside, like my 06 STi.

SubieZen07 01-16-2008 11:18 PM

[QUOTE=Okeyd57;183243]It's a white plastic nut (8mm) in the middle of the backside of the headlight. To me, it's easier to do it with an 8mm box wrench than a screwdriver because it's got to be a very short screwdriver due to little space to work.

First, you set the adjustment wheel to "0". Then park your car 10ft. from a wall. Make sure your gas tank is full, and someone is sitting in the drivers seat. Then you can adjust your beams up ! Right out of the service manual. Good Luck. Okey

I'm assuming you have the leveling wheel inside, like my 06 STi.[/QUOTE]

great info...but I am assuming they are asking about the WRX, not the STi