Has anyone tried this new product - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-30-2008, 11:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

06wrx06 is an unknown
Has anyone tried this new product

Has anyone tried or ordered the FMIC from CSS. Just thought I would ask because you cant beat that price if its as good as they say.. Thanks...L8R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-01-2008, 12:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

tom_noland is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to tom_noland Send a message via Yahoo to tom_noland
"I spoke with Rob the owner of CCS about his intercoolers. He told me that the flow numbers posted are not real world numbers. He stated that the TMIC, rated at 850 cfm only flows about 600 cfm. I would think that the FMIC numbers are off also. The replacement bumper beam that comes in the kit is only tack welded, instead of being fully welded."

this isn't me, but something someone wrote to me regarding the FMIC by css

Tom
'05 WRX Wagon (RIP)
Cobb AP Stg 2

RIP baby....Here I come STi.
Stupid deer.
#3 Old 05-01-2008, 02:52 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Wow thats actually some good stuff to know there man. Yet another reason believe in sticking with name brands.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 05-01-2008, 06:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Well I just ordered my fmic kit today, I will post an undate when I get it. I was thinking of doing an install write up on here.
#5 Old 05-02-2008, 02:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

06wrx06 is an unknown
Yeah how about put some pics up also of the install and of the intercooler as well.. Thanks yo...L8R
#6 Old 05-02-2008, 05:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Well depending on if you can or not, i'd personally go back and fully weld that b*tch up. wouldn't want my frigen FMIC to fall off all of sudden!!

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#7 Old 05-02-2008, 10:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subeast, are you refering to the bumper beam? The fmic core is bolted on to the radiator support at the bottom. To my knowledge it is only bolted to the bumper beam to keep it from moving from front to back. Anyway I will only be keeping the aftermarket beam on for a shot time untill i can cut the stock beam to fit and box it all in for added strength.
#8 Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

shatteringst is an unknown
well, since it hasnt been said yet.... if u order from CSS, be prepared to wait.

if u check NASIOC do a search on them under the Group buy section and vender review section.
#9 Old 05-20-2008, 08:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

06S-DUB is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 06S-DUB
i met rob from css at nopi in maryland this weekend. the reason nasioc all backed up is because he had someone running the vender for him. i looked at one of the fmics he had to show and it was pretty laget. once i sell my turboxs top mount im gonna order a css fmic kit
#10 Old 06-09-2008, 12:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

Well this weekend I finally recieved my fmic. I spent the afternoon on saturday installing it. To my surprise the lag was not all that bad cosidering the amout of piping on the stock turbo. Every one complains, but it's not that bad. Overall this seems to be a good kit. the front of the bumper beam is fully welded, and the back is tack welded. I only plan on keeping it on for a short while, untill I have time to cut the stock beam and box it shut. It is questionable whether or not i can keep the stock fogs. I'm leaving the bumper cover off for a couple of days as I love the look of a huge a$$ fmic. My only real complaints are the shipping time and I still haven't recieved a coolant tank or my bpv kit. Right now, I have been using a powerade bottle with a hole drilled at the top, and consistantly checking my coolant level. I will try and get some pics up later this week.
#11 Old 06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wagondude is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxman420 View Post
Well this weekend I finally recieved my fmic. I spent the afternoon on saturday installing it. To my surprise the lag was not all that bad cosidering the amout of piping on the stock turbo. Every one complains, but it's not that bad. Overall this seems to be a good kit. the front of the bumper beam is fully welded, and the back is tack welded. I only plan on keeping it on for a short while, untill I have time to cut the stock beam and box it shut. It is questionable whether or not i can keep the stock fogs. I'm leaving the bumper cover off for a couple of days as I love the look of a huge a$$ fmic. My only real complaints are the shipping time and I still haven't recieved a coolant tank or my bpv kit. Right now, I have been using a powerade bottle with a hole drilled at the top, and consistantly checking my coolant level. I will try and get some pics up later this week.
Hey wrxman, I'd love to see that FMIC on your car in person.....not too far away from you in Racine county. Should get some rex's together and meet up on the HWY, what do you think? P/M me if interested

Ken
#12 Old 07-10-2008, 12:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Well I got some time to upload a picture of the css fmic, maybe tomorrow I will post some more. The picture is in my gallery if you would like to see it.